advice wanted on cue tip issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice wanted on cue tip issues

ok so i've never really experimented with tip's and chalke tc, i've used elk masters ever since i was a kid but im thinking about a flutter lol.

i find i play my best stuff when my tip is at the end of it's life when its close to the ferrule and makes more of a ting when i strike the cue ball, now this does not mean its rock solid shiny and hasnt been taken care of i do look after my tip using a tip pick and a few scrapes of light sandpaper (rarely).

if i was try something what should i be looking at? i have a 9.7mm snooker cue and a 7.5mm pool cue, i have the same issue with both play terrible with a new tip and they just feel better and better till im almost using the ferrule.

advice would be greatly apreciated,

thanks.
    tha what!

once you start experimenting with tips thats it, things will never be the same again.
    I've been through a lot of different tips, and i still rate elk masters as being very good tips as long as its a good one.
    A good place to start would be a talisman soft which despite its rating as soft would be considered harder than an elk master.
    If you prefer a tip at the end of its life then a firmer tip might suit you.
    Folk generally say that talismans are very consistent, play great from the start and each one plays much the same as the other, they also last a lot longer than elk masters so when its played in nice you will have longer before you need to change it.
    Talsimans make a different sound to elk masters and take some getting used to.

Comment

cheers i might have to try that then, altho i do like the sound my tip makes when ive cued the ball well
      tha what!

Comment

just got 3 tips from adr hopefully they arrive soonish lol
        tha what!

Comment

good luck with your tip experiments mate!!

Comment

pick out the harder elks so they feel like theyre 'played in' from the start, or use a firm tip. such as pro granite, or diamond plus. this way it feels 'hard' with a lot of 'feel' through it from the start and you can leave it on a touch thicker and still have it feel like a thin elk played in.

Comment

Try the phoenix mediums from craftsman £12 for 3 i really rate them as they play quite hard straight away and hold there shape well.

Comment

advice wanted on cue tip issues

Sounds like you should try out a Mike Wooldrige
                Super tip......
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Working...
                X