Mike's or dave's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike's or dave's

Is there any major difference between Mike Wooldridge's cue oil or Dave Coutts cue oil?

Not a lot, they're both blends of oils, probably mainly boiled linseed based but to be precise the exact difference is £3.99.

They're both cheaper than Aurora but for $40 you do get oil and grain filler/sealer. Craftsman do good value cue wax and you can get cue wax from ADR on here and most cuemakers.

At the end of the day it's all trial and error and personal preference, I've just got a cracking finish on an antique by using Aurora grain filler, Aurora cue oil, Craftsman cue wax and standard boiled linseed oil, completing ignoring guidance and just making it up as I went along, brilliant result. General advice is you can't overdo it so keep going till you get the result you want.

Comment

you should never use boiled linseed oil it as dryers in it you should always use raw linseed oil.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
        you should never use boiled linseed oil it as dryers in it you should always use raw linseed oil.
        Bolied linseed oil is fine on cues

Comment

you can use both but boiled linseed iol as driers in raw is better boiled will feel alot more stickier than raw.

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
            Not a lot, they're both blends of oils, probably mainly boiled linseed based but to be precise the exact difference is £3.99.

They're both cheaper than Aurora but for $40 you do get oil and grain filler/sealer. Craftsman do good value cue wax and you can get cue wax from ADR on here and most cuemakers.

At the end of the day it's all trial and error and personal preference, I've just got a cracking finish on an antique by using Aurora grain filler, Aurora cue oil, Craftsman cue wax and standard boiled linseed oil, completing ignoring guidance and just making it up as I went along, brilliant result. General advice is you can't overdo it so keep going till you get the result you want.
            Both taste as good as each other!

Comment

Originally Posted by the nugget View Post
              Both taste as good as each other!
              always one isnt here ......... prefer raw myself.......less sugar

Comment

i use this

A car wax and the results are brilliant

Been 3 years and I am still on the same tin of wax and its not even half finished and I have twenty cues. In the three years none of my cues have warped even a mm,

Comment

Maybe a bit offtopic but can someone tell where can I buy grain filler?
                  You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
                  BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Working...
                  X