Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Balls

Hello all,

gonna give our 2 sets of match balls a good clean up over weekend, what do people recommend using? (ps not interested in the aramith ball cleaner before poeple say that, just beleive its a bit of a gimmick)

so im meaning just water and a good wipe my idea might be best,

so wondering if anyone has any ideas?

chuck 'em in the dishwasher and let it do it's thing then give them a good wipe when they're done

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
      chuck 'em in the dishwasher and let it do it's thing then give them a good wipe when they're done
      I suggested that in another thread, here :-

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...light=cleaning

shot down on that one .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

wouldnt the cleaning tablets that go in dishwashers be too strong?

Comment

Aramith ball cleaner is not a gimmick in my opinion, I saw another thread where the dishwasher had destroyed a set of balls. I use the Aramith on my TC's, gets rid of all the marks and brings them up like new.

Your choice I guess

Comment

Originally Posted by Maxsys View Post
            Aramith ball cleaner is not a gimmick in my opinion, I saw another thread where the dishwasher had destroyed a set of balls. I use the Aramith on my TC's, gets rid of all the marks and brings them up like new.

Your choice I guess
            I second this, got a few second hand sets and they all cleaned up great with Aramith restorer and cleaner.

Comment

really? maybe it is worth a look then?, wonder whats in it then that makes the difference to a bit of elbow grease lol

Comment

Really, try it I was sceptical at first as it does seem expensive, but it seems to leave a real nice film on the balls, makes them mega shiny and clean, they run like a dream

Comment

Why are people so down on Aramith? I use it all the time - works a treat and a bottle lasts ages; decent value.

Comment

Works great for me as well . And use the Aramith cloth .

Why would you want to try something else ? Pay £100 + for a set of decent balls , use the right stuff in my opinion .

As for putting them in the dishwasher ! I don't have one .....so that would be me washing them again !!!!!!
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I have heard that washing up liquid ruins balls as the greasy slippery substance cant be cleaned off .

Comment

Originally Posted by drury1986 View Post
                        really? maybe it is worth a look then?, wonder whats in it then that makes the difference to a bit of elbow grease lol
                        oh, you will still need elbow greese

Aramith cleaner and cloth - all the way

...and please do not do what some old guy at a club I used to go to did, he used Pledge (furniture polish) on the balls on all three tables - and he was so proud
                        The balls just skidded and slid all over the place - unbelievable
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yep forgot to say i have the cloth as well, works brilliantly, I bought some TC';s of Ebay, got the cleaning kit inc restorer, cleaner and cloth, and they are like a different set of balls.

Comment

I use mr sheen and use a cloth from reading glasses so that you won't scratch the balls.

Comment

Working...
                            X