Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tip to have????? help lol!!!

Hello all,

im going through a patch where i cant decide what tip i want to stick with to be honest... Ive recently had medium talisman on my cue liked and liked it, until i had to put new one on but couldnt pick one up in time, so went to an elk to knock it in before a match... but i also like the elk....

is there a tip between in middle sort of thing to try??? or any recommendations,

have used talismans pheonix elks, and just havent found one where im yes love that tip i wont touch another make?

Ta

Mike wooldridge pressed supertip is what i'd try, could be the last tip you ever use!
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

oh god yeh! i used to actually have one on when i had wooldridge cue! completely forgot about them thanks!

Comment

I have tried most of them , and like kamui m h Phoenix hard black magic and have just come back from the club after taking the phoenix off earlier and trying the new coutts tip . I have to say it felt way too soft starting off compared to the phoenix but i persevered with it for a good hour and its bedding in really nice . Going to give it a good few taps with a ball in the house to see how much more it will harden .

Got a big singles game shortly against an excellent player and not sure to stick with it or put the phoenix back on as i was playing really well with it and had 102 clearence on Tues .

Try a coutts they are like a very firm elk but dont lose their shape .

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
          Mike wooldridge pressed supertip is what i'd try, could be the last tip you ever use!
          Anyone know when Mike's Super Tips or new type tips will be available? Not currently available on his website.

Thanks, Wayne G
          The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Supertips available from Coutts i believe

Comment

a talisman soft might be somewhere in between a talisman medium and an elk master. Thats what i'm using at the moment and i've just had my highest break with it, they are still quite firm.

Comment

Originally Posted by matt926_uk View Post
                a talisman soft might be somewhere in between a talisman medium and an elk master. Thats what i'm using at the moment and i've just had my highest break with it, they are still quite firm.

ive tried a couple of soft tips, but for some reason when i cut them to shape they seem to lose quite a bit of stability, so have stayed off since im good at tipping i like to think (local people come to me over craftsmans if im not working) and i put the medium on perfectly but might just have ben a bad case of 3

Comment

I believe this is matthew from the top club at Swilly? I play at bottom club
                  with Wak and Kurtis and have tried many tips over the years. Always used
                  to be a big fan of the good old Elk but was constantly reshaping them which
                  was a pain. I bought a new cue last year a Phoenix which comes with a soft
                  Phoenix tip fitted and to be honest i cant believe how good they are. Was never
                  a fan of laminated tips but they are very consistent, responsive and i would never
                  change to another brand again. for the price and feel they are everything i would want
                  from a tip but without the price tag of the Talismans and Kamuis

Comment

Just took the Coutts tip off as its near enough bedded in its in the jar with other tips i,ve bedded in and put ready for emergencies .
                    Just stuck a master black magic on as i want to bed one of them in , after that i,ll decide which one i,m going to stick with .

Hoping i can get out and have a knock , had a real bad downfall of snow and its causing havoc here , bored stiff stuck in .

Comment

Originally Posted by belld View Post
                      I believe this is matthew from the top club at Swilly? I play at bottom club
                      with Wak and Kurtis and have tried many tips over the years. Always used
                      to be a big fan of the good old Elk but was constantly reshaping them which
                      was a pain. I bought a new cue last year a Phoenix which comes with a soft
                      Phoenix tip fitted and to be honest i cant believe how good they are. Was never
                      a fan of laminated tips but they are very consistent, responsive and i would never
                      change to another brand again. for the price and feel they are everything i would want
                      from a tip but without the price tag of the Talismans and Kamuis
                      Yes the cat is out of the bag lol, ive had the phoenix med, on before but have found after i while they come a bit plastic and you have to start scuffing them regulary and wear down quickly, but until they get to this stage they are very good, the soft just break up too easy for my liking,

ive ordered the wooldridge, about the best a pressed tip can be so canny wait to get that one on!

Comment

Working...
                      X