Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you do this to your tips ?

Hi! ~~~~~~

Just wanna have some advice & comment from snooker lovers around the world......
    Will you press your tip till it is really hard & sound like steel "tang" while playing ?
    Some people even burn it using a lighter just want to make it really hard !

This is very common in my area & most people love it but I am in doubt ~~~~ ?!
    Below picture show how they press the tips ~~~~~
    They clip the tip & leave it under the hot sun for weeks ~~~~~

Need comments ~~~~

All down to personal preference, if you prefer a hard tip then pressing it this way certainly won't harm it, although never heard of burning them!
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

There are easier and faster way to make your tip harder. Owen 200 c temperature and leave it for 3-5-7 min depends on the tip brand. Recommended to use 10 mm or 11 mm tips as the size of the tip will get smaller after hot temperature. You can also see which tips a bad as the shape of the tip will change rapidly. I tested blue diamonds and only few of them survive longer than 4 min. Ding recommend me this delicate experiment. Tips are very hard after owen and play beautiful for those who like hard tips. Caution!!! do not keep tips in the owen for to long. Keep looking at the tip, if you noticed that shape of the tip changing take the tip off let it cool down than sand the bottom of the tip and try to put it on. Not everybody cup of tea but it defo works. Some of the tips are very hard just after 3 min and they keep the same shape. Try it!!!

Comment

Personally I just buy a hard tip to start with...

Ben using pro granite tips for a while nice firm hit bit not too firm and you don't need to go messing with them
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by x53 View Post
          There are easier and faster way to make your tip harder. Owen 200 c temperature and leave it for 3-5-7 min depends on the tip brand. Recommended to use 10 mm or 11 mm tips as the size of the tip will get smaller after hot temperature. You can also see which tips a bad as the shape of the tip will change rapidly. I tested blue diamonds and only few of them survive longer than 4 min. Ding recommend me this delicate experiment. Tips are very hard after owen and play beautiful for those who like hard tips. Caution!!! do not keep tips in the owen for to long. Keep looking at the tip, if you noticed that shape of the tip changing take the tip off let it cool down than sand the bottom of the tip and try to put it on. Not everybody cup of tea but it defo works. Some of the tips are very hard just after 3 min and they keep the same shape. Try it!!!
          One wonders why these intructions aren't put on every box of Elkmasters :hypnotysed:

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post

Ben using pro granite tips for a while nice firm hit bit not too firm and you don't need to go messing with them
            yep same here!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

You mean you won't be adding lightly sauteed talismans to your inventory? Lol
              No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                You mean you won't be adding lightly sauteed talismans to your inventory? Lol
                in garlic butter maybe.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking, why on earth try and make a soft tip hard when there is plenty of good hard tips already on the market....
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by x53 View Post
                    This is new to me~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Should try the Pro Granite tip but not sure is it available in Malaysia..... ?
                      Found on eBay, considering ~~~~~~~~ But I just need 1 to try out before buying......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                        Exactly what I was thinking, why on earth try and make a soft tip hard when there is plenty of good hard tips already on the market....
                        Maybe in UK but not in our country, here we only have those elk master, blue diamond, Omin tip...
                        Others are difficult to find. Perhaps on eBay & pay the killing postage!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
                          Maybe in UK but not in our country, here we only have those elk master, blue diamond, Omin tip...
                          Others are difficult to find. Perhaps on eBay & pay the killing postage!!!
                          Why not check with Andrew aka ADR147 on this forum? He sells a couple of tips...

Oh, the postage is ok for cue tips; they're small and light... try bringing in a couple of cases... real killer those.
                          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
                            Should try the Pro Granite tip but not sure is it available in Malaysia..... ?
                            Found on eBay, considering ~~~~~~~~ But I just need 1 to try out before buying......
                            im happy to send you one as i have afew but not a clue on postage

Comment

Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
                              im happy to send you one as i have afew but not a clue on postage
                              Thanks mate..... but really not worth to send a tip from UK to Malaysia !
                              the postage might cost you a box of tips.....

Comment

Working...
                              X