X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WelshPhantom
    replied
    Originally Posted by gem View Post
    The tan was good on the lighter Kamui but both Master green and the Silver Cup green (not the dark green one) are both perfect for Kamui black.
    Thanks for the input.Ill see if I can get my hands on some.

Leave a comment:

• gem
    replied
    Originally Posted by WelshPhantom View Post
    Master Tan is also one of the chalks ive tried with no luck.
    Never tried any Silver Cup.
    The tan was good on the lighter Kamui but both Master green and the Silver Cup green (not the dark green one) are both perfect for Kamui black.

Leave a comment:

• WelshPhantom
    replied
    Originally Posted by gem View Post
    Triangle doesn't cover these well at all but I have used Kamui's for a couple of years now and find that Master billiard chalk 'green' or 'tan' work perfectly.
    Also Silver Cup green or grey also cover the tip fine.
    Master Tan is also one of the chalks ive tried with no luck.
    Never tried any Silver Cup.
    Last edited by WelshPhantom; 10 July 2013, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gem
    replied
    Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post
    Could you explain how that works for this chalk novice?
    The blue does work very well but is messy and you have to clean the white constantly.
    The Master green is perfect.

I think the chalk is just made slightly differently allowing it to stick to the harder laminated tips.

Leave a comment:

• humperdingle
    replied
    Originally Posted by ian046 View Post
    you shouldnt be using light green triangle chalk on a kamui. kamui chalk gd but not worth the price of it. imo best chalk to use on a kamui is blue master chalk. failing that blue triangle chalk.

general rule is lightgreen triangle chalk for compressed tips.

dark blue master chalk for layered tips.
    Could you explain how that works for this chalk novice?

Leave a comment:

• ian046
    replied
    you shouldnt be using light green triangle chalk on a kamui. kamui chalk gd but not worth the price of it. imo best chalk to use on a kamui is blue master chalk. failing that blue triangle chalk.

general rule is lightgreen triangle chalk for compressed tips.

dark blue master chalk for layered tips.

Leave a comment:

• gem
    replied
    Triangle doesn't cover these well at all but I have used Kamui's for a couple of years now and find that Master billiard chalk 'green' or 'tan' work perfectly.
    Also Silver Cup green or grey also cover the tip fine.

Leave a comment:

• RogiBear
    replied
    I have been using the m/h for about a year now. Never had a problem of any kind. I also use the gator grip and find it is very useful when initially bedding the tip in. I wouldn't use a pin to poke the tip as you will break too many fibers. The gator grip just agitates the surface.

Leave a comment:

• humperdingle
    replied
    Hmm, I think I just hadn't used my Kamui tip enough... I haven't touched the tip for 3 or 4 hour's play and it seems to have settled-down nicely - Played fairly well with it today anyway.

Leave a comment:

• denja
    replied
    Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
    You either had a fake , if so must have been a bad one or you have disturbed the fibres so much it fell apart .
    Dont think I did anything wrong I replace lots of tips for members of my club and as yet I have never had a complaint ! I have regular customers who always ask me to replace their tips to be honest I pride myself on the finished item and the cash I earn pays for some of my table time. put on a bog standard Elk and it played like a dream.

Leave a comment:

• hotpot
    replied
    Originally Posted by denja View Post
    Thought I would try a Kamui just to see what they were like ! Purchased it from a well known dealer it had the hologram and I am pretty sure it was the real thing, however after six hours playing it flattened went out of shape and no amount of shaping would cure the problem, it sort of toppled side ways then disintegrated I ripped it off, and although I know some of the pros use them I will stick to my Mike Wooldridge. Elk. or Talisman. a expensive lesson ! maybe I was just unlucky !
    You either had a fake , if so must have been a bad one or you have disturbed the fibres so much it fell apart .

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Could you just use a pin and poke the tip +++ ????

Leave a comment:

• svendh
    replied
    I use their gator grip tool to roughen the tip which works very well.

Leave a comment:

• Maloy
    replied
    Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    I really like Kamui tips, never had any issues. Yes, chalk coverage is not as complete as with BD or Elk for example, but it does not result in any miscues.
    Used Kamui MH before, never had any issues as well.

Leave a comment:

• mrbluejay
    replied
    I really like Kamui tips, never had any issues. Yes, chalk coverage is not as complete as with BD or Elk for example, but it does not result in any miscues.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X