X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put me down for a soft please Andrew.

Comment

Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
      I usually use elk. But ordered some from adr147 today. So will let you know how they go. I'll put them on a couple of cues to test them out.

That would be great ....cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
        Put me down for a soft please Andrew.
        should be in about a week mate.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

IMG_5389.jpg
          Fixed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16034[/ATTACH]
            Fixed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            need a little wire wool on that ferrule.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Fixed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              your right a bit of 0000 wire wool to make that ferrule shine

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                Fixed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                need a little wire wool on that ferrule.
                Yep the ferrule is quite scratched

Comment

Will the Soft & Hard be marked as such Andrew?

Comment

I would like to try a soft as I although I quite liked it I found it too hard and went back to a MW Super Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      i hope you like it - for the next batch i have a limited number in soft and hard as well for those who have such preferences.
                      Could u put me down for a soft as well please.

Comment

Andrew,

Are the original tips medium hardness?

Are they meant to be left full height or do most people shape them down to a lower height?
                        The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Had an hour of play into this lovely little tip, here is what I feel
                          1) It isn't the hardest tip in the world, that is for sure. The sides are trimmed off real easy with a blade. It is definitely softer than an Omin red or a Hercules tip. It is a preference thing. If you like those two tips I mention, then stay away.
                          2) The tip seems very well made, each layer are glue together really well. Visibly pleasing but also comforting to know that they probably will not de-laminate, but that could be just a mental thing.
                          3) Very, very decent grip on the cue ball, even though the surface feels smooth to the touch. It doesn't look porous as a block tip but it doesn't affect the grip on the white.
                          4) It mushroom fairly easily but I am not sure what the fuss is with that. All tips will mushroom that is a fact. Tip beds in with ease.
                          5) If you feels that a good elk is the best thing in the world, this tip is very well recommended.

Comment

Originally Posted by lbs View Post
                            1) It isn't the hardest tip in the world, that is for sure. The sides are trimmed off real easy with a blade. It is definitely softer than an Omin red or a Hercules tip. It is a preference thing. If you like those two tips I mention, then stay away.
                            2) The tip seems very well made, each layer are glue together really well. Visibly pleasing but also comforting to know that they probably will not de-laminate, but that could be just a mental thing.
                            3) Very, very decent grip on the cue ball, even though the surface feels smooth to the touch. It doesn't look porous as a block tip but it doesn't affect the grip on the white.
                            4) It mushroom fairly easily but I am not sure what the fuss is with that. All tips will mushroom that is a fact. Tip beds in with ease.
                            5) If you feels that a good elk is the best thing in the world, this tip is very well recommended.
                            Good review mate

Comment

Originally Posted by lbs View Post
                              Yet my Adr tip hasn't mushroomed and kept its shape perfectly whilst still holding chalk and playing beautifully. Definitely harder than any elk but not too hard and the grip is excellent which gives you confidence. I can't recommend them highly enough! They just feel right!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                                Yet my Adr tip hasn't mushroomed and kept its shape perfectly whilst still holding chalk and playing beautifully. Definitely harder than any elk but not too hard and the grip is excellent which gives you confidence. I can't recommend them highly enough! They just feel right!
                                What do you think of these tips compared to buffalo diamond plus? I'd imagine a good bit firmer..? Really like the diamond plus but I've been getting a few dodgy one's lately...
                                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
                                X