replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147
    yes good advice.
    cheers mate.

Leave a comment:

• Semih_Sayginer
    replied
    Originally Posted by JParrott1
    Thanks a lot for your help mate, ill try that. Hopefully I can post a new picture up soon of a reasonably good looking ferrule, and save my embarrasment.
    no probs at all

if you do as i typed, taking your time, you will get it much better, and hopefully "a1".....its not a hard job if, like me, youve done it "lots".....

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    yes good advice - either that or take it to your nearest cue maker or cue doctor and get him to change the ferrule, if you can't even it out that is what you will need to do anyway - changing ferrules is a very tricky diy job.

Leave a comment:

• JParrott1
    replied
    Thanks a lot for your help mate, ill try that. Hopefully I can post a new picture up soon of a reasonably good looking ferrule, and save my embarrasment.

Leave a comment:

• Semih_Sayginer
    replied
    yip

do what i said above, checking inbetween "shots" to make sure your "getting there"

you will lose 1/5th mm (approx) off your ferrule, but hopefully once its done its fine for good

Leave a comment:

• JParrott1
    replied
    I have an image here for you, its not a pretty sight, it looks 10 times worse here than it does to actually look at....but this is my problem:

Leave a comment:

• Semih_Sayginer
    replied
    sometimes the level isnt perfect, and you can have a bevelled ferrule/wood top (almost like a wave, if you could blow the image up)

depending on how bad it is, you could try this:- (i have done it loads of times to fix bevels, but it wont help you if its not your problem)

tape down mid grade sandpaper on a flat table

turn your shaft upside down

holding your shaft about 3 inches above your ferrule with your strong hand, and supporting the other end with your other hand, lean the ferrule down into the sandpaper and turn in a circular motion for say 20 seconds.

lift the cue, rotate it a bit and do the same again.

the reason you do it in a circular motion, and also lift the cue occasionally is so that you dont lean to much on one side, making it slope.

do this process again with a fine grade of paper (wetordry) and check out your ferrule/wood top now

if it was bevelled, and youve done this well, it should be much better

ive did this process many times, and found it the easiest way to sort slight imperfections.....perhaps others have a different way, but this way does work all the same.....but be sure its the same problem first

good luck

Leave a comment:

• JParrott1
    replied
    Also the ferrule looks slightly, and EVER EVER so slightly wonky

What a botched job, is it still repairable?? Someone help!!

Leave a comment:

• JParrott1
    replied
    I'm currently trying to fit my new tip, and as silly as it sounds, as hard as I try, I cant get the wood in the ferrule flush with the ferrule itself, when I see if its perfectly flat or not by placing the tip on the cue, theres about half a millimetre gap between the edge of the tip and the ferrule. Almost like a square sitting on a dome, if you understand. I dont know what to do, Ive done a lot of sanding, any ideas??

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    lol i am pretty sure the whole shooting match is done by tony - i know they used to make the hercules aswell - i guess as long as the quality is high what do we care!

Leave a comment:

• BITTER
    replied
    My hunch was they were both made by a third party

DNA test on the pig would prove it

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    i will do that - i would not be suprised if the o'mins are made by tony jones aswell - they look very similar.

Leave a comment:

• BITTER
    replied
    Feel free to copy my pictures from my ebay listing

Both tips are there

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    i will do that i am sort of reworking it with andy hunter to include a load of stuff about cues etc. - can you e-mail me some photos please - i have tried the red one - its a good tip very reliable but very hard, would be good 8 ball tip. biggest problem for me is that its red!

Leave a comment:

• BITTER
    replied
    Try the tips I sent you ady and you can add them to your very good guide.
    Also if I find anymore new ones I will send them on

Leave a comment:

Working...
X