Kamui Clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamui Clear

Does anyone on here have any Kamui Clear's for sale. If so pm me or post on here please. Thanks Declan
    Glasgow pool league 2nd division winners 2012
    Rosebowl cup winners 2012
    Glasgow league cup runners up 2012
    Uddingston league runners up 2012
    Alastair tetsil memorial cup winners 2012

KAMUI Clear on snooker cue ?

Comment

No on English pool cue

Comment

Make sure you stick them on with liquid superglue or they WILL fall off
        Tried with gel and they last about two frames before flying off,then you have the whole ball ache of cleaning the bottom and buying some liquid superglue to fit them again. Just saying like
        Oh and try eBay for them or the pro 9 shop but will take a bit of work getting them down to pool cue size

Comment

Strange that, as most people use gel and not liquid ?

Comment

Would ask my mate to do it anyway he said to me that it takes time. He's better than me at doing them anyway

Comment

Originally Posted by Mick Dundee View Post
              Make sure you stick them on with liquid superglue or they WILL fall off
              Tried with gel and they last about two frames before flying off,then you have the whole ball ache of cleaning the bottom and buying some liquid superglue to fit them again. Just saying like
              Oh and try eBay for them or the pro 9 shop but will take a bit of work getting them down to pool cue size
              I second that. Last time I had to fit one with gel it took off before the end of the first frame. Kamui's website is pretty clear about recommending [Loctite] liquid based glue with its clear tips.

That being said, I think it's only about finding the right (or optimal) amount of glue to create the bonding (I've fitted one for a mate with gel last year and it lasted 8 months, playing about 15 hours per week). My theory about it is the following. It's convenient to use the gel type with any other leather tips because of the extra seconds you have to fit the tip into place, and the strong bonding is created by both (1) applying pressure for several seconds to squeeze out the excess glue, and (2) allowing the leather to drink/absorb some of the excess glue, too. With the Kamui Clear, because the clear layer is hard (some PVC) and does not absorb the glue, applying too much pressure (and/or for too long) may result in not enough glue to bond, and not enough pressure may leave too much glue. Whereas with liquid based glue, you press, there cannot be too much of it since it will all get squeezed out anyway, et voila. Now the fun of trimming it down begins.

Some pictures attached if you want to see what it looks like.
              kamui_clear1.jpg
              kamui_clear4.jpg
              Last edited by gulliver; 16 July 2014, 01:26 PM. Reason: Added picture

Comment

Has any one try the Clear on snooker cue ?

Comment

Working...
                X