Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chalk at the Coral UK and also Kamui chalk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalk at the Coral UK and also Kamui chalk.

Anyone know what chalk Messrs Trump and Patrick are using? I see its a red wrapper. Just curious. Oh and has anyone tried either of the two versions of the Kamui chalk (I believe its mega expensive).

Cheers

David

red wrapping - Master chalk by Tweeten
    or it could be National chalk but that is usually for US pool
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

a friend of mine has kamui chalk (he plays US pool ) I tryd it a few times, to be honest, I did'nt notice any difference !!! They re just expensive !! imo, Master chalk is the best (especially with LM tips).

Comment

Yeah I tried the Kamui tips on my cue and wasn't fond of it especially. The chalk seems gimmicky and way overpriced! Never tried the Master chalk, always stuck to the pale green Tweeten Triangle and its done me just fine.

Cheers

David

Comment

Originally Posted by David Pleym View Post
          Never tried the Master chalk, always stuck to the pale green Tweeten Triangle and its done me just fine.
          That's what I use.. the light green Tweeten ( yellow wrapping ). The older, darker green Tweeten was awesome IMHO.
          Last edited by Inoffthered; 5 December 2014, 08:59 AM. Reason: ..

Comment

i have been a fan of green triangle, but just ordered some masters after seeing it on tv this week, just hoping its as soft if not softer than green triangle. Kamui chalk unlike their tips is a complete rip off £20.00 for one block ,, come on!! , I have seen a side by side comparison test on youtube (see link) which pretty much for me convinced me that the chalk does not add anything to ones game..
            here the link :-
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2FO...W9n6OVypj3RJaQ

Please dont try the above with (rockwall) plasterboard...lol

I love the black 11mm (9.5mm fitted) Medium Kamui Tips, their are a few rip of merchants on the bay that sell fake Kamui's which are hard as rock, but the genuine kamui is my favourite tip of all time and moved me away from elk and blue diamond, very low maintenance with almost no bedding in needed although a good Tungsten carbine scuffer (see link) is a must have for these layered tips the only downside is the price.
            This is the one i purchased, its a nice bit of quality well made kit (i have no affiliation with the seller)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2607950405...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

p.s i have a tip pricker on its way to see if that works with these tips.

Ian
            Last edited by arcadian2002; 8 December 2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by arcadian2002 View Post
              i have been a fan of green triangle, but just ordered some masters after seeing it on tv this week, just hoping its as soft if not softer than green triangle. Kamui chalk unlike their tips is a complete rip off £20.00 for one block ,, come on!! , I have seen a side by side comparison test on youtube (see link) which pretty much for me convinced me that the chalk does not add anything to ones game..
              here the link :-
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2FO...W9n6OVypj3RJaQ

Please dont try the above with (rockwall) plasterboard...lol

I love the black 11mm (9.5mm fitted) Medium Kamui Tips, their are a few rip of merchants on the bay that sell fake Kamui's which are hard as rock, but the genuine kamui is my favourite tip of all time and moved me away from elk and blue diamond, very low maintenance with almost no bedding in needed although a good Tungsten carbine scuffer (see link) is a must have for these layered tips the only downside is the price.
              This is the one i purchased, its a nice bit of quality well made kit (i have no affiliation with the seller)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2607950405...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

p.s i have a tip pricker on its way to see if that works with these tips.

Ian

I use the black kamui tips aswell . I can honestly say I noticed a big difference between triangle and master chalk on the kamui tips . The master chalk is softer than triangle and on the laminated tip it's covers very well and stays on the tip well .

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                I use the black kamui tips aswell . I can honestly say I noticed a big difference between triangle and master chalk on the kamui tips . The master chalk is softer than triangle and on the laminated tip it's covers very well and stays on the tip well .
                AH thats good to know, i'm looking forward to the chalks arrival now, cheers for the heads up

Comment

I use a kamui black tip and recently switched to master chalk from triangle chalk. Since switching I've noticed that the number of misscues in my matches and practice has gone down. I would suggest master chalk to anybody.

Comment

If anyone would be willing to swap a few blocks of the red wrapping master chalk light green for some dark green triangle chalk please??

Comment

Trump, Robertson, Ronnie, M. Davis, Gould, Bingham were all using Master chalk a few others were also, its becoming more and more popular, very little difference between it and Triangle imo, although I do use it sometimes myself

Comment

Master chalk is better on laminate tips than triangle, I have found

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Its slightly softer so coats harder tips a little better but also falls off the tip more quickly so you need to make sure you chalk every shot

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                            Its slightly softer so coats harder tips a little better but also falls off the tip more quickly so you need to make sure you chalk every shot
                            I thought it was just me :wink:
                            I am trying the spruce Masters
                            still good cover and stays on the tip better
                            trying a black ADR tip
                            so far so good
                            best lam tip I have had and tonight I think it has bedded in and feels very good. it is about two weeks old
                            Last edited by DeanH; 9 December 2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                              I thought it was just me :wink:
                              I am trying the spruce Masters
                              still good cover and stays on the tip better
                              trying a black ADR tip
                              so far so good
                              best lam tip I have had and tonight I think it has bedded in and feels very good. it is about two weeks old
                              Never tried the spruce masters mate, tried spruce Triangle, NTC and Silver Cup but don't like it, I'm fussy though lol, don't like chalk that's too dark and leaves marks on the cue ball. Haven't tried the ADR black either but they're supposed to be exactly the same as the tan in playabillity, absolutely love the ADR tan medium, brilliant tips, 1st one was on my snooker cue for about 2 months then took it off and put it on my pool cue and was on for 6 months plus untill I stupidly decided to play snooker with it and miscued horribly taking a big chunk out of it, it was about ready for changing anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X