Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip advice

Hi Guys,

I have been using MW super tips but lately I have found them to be softer than before.

I want to go to a slightly firmer tip, what would you say is the next one along the chain?

I have tried layered tips and can't get along with them.

Would Elks be the way??

Matt

Blue diamond possibly?
    VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
    Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
    Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
    Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

tried them and they are soft and very hit/miss

Comment

Wouldn't be elks and find them softer than blue diamonds.
        Probably need to get yourself a tip compressor or use a vice to firm up tip.
        Adr147 tips are way to go!
        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
        Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
        Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
        Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Tip advice

I was very much a pressed tip until until late last year when I punted for an ADR soft black tip.
          If you went for a medium black or tan (people have said there is no difference playing wise) I think you won't be disappointed.
          I have been happy since putting one on.
          good luck
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

the problem is ,usually you get fake ones !!!. I know a guy who buys always box's of 50 !!! ( Buffalo diamond plus )
            He said to me, I can't find the real stuff,,. He has bought 3 box's of ebay!! so, Andrew sent us a box of 50 of them . I gave it to him yesterday. He was really happy. Finally, the real stuff, he said !!!! ,, not saying that everyone sells fake ones btw,,, but the chances that you get Chinese stuff, is Always there !!
            Contact Andrew , try ADR Laminated soft . I realy think u gonna be happy !! even if u want press tips, BDP would be a good choice. Enjoy ur game !!

Comment

Gone back to standard Blue Diamond (brunswick) NOT the plus ones, tried one and didn't like it.

Enjoying BD again

Comment

Working...
              X