X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strobbekoen
    replied
    Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Screw Ins: Ruins a cue. You're adding a nice brass hammer exactly under the hand to deaden all the feedback down the shaft and butt. About as bad as a joint. It also affects balance because the socket weighs an ounce.
    Seriously ?

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by jono* View Post
    Push on ones may not fit cues with a thicker butt.. And cannot be carried in a case. Also less risk of damaging or scratching the cue butt, screw on ones are far superior
    True, but I'm making a custom push on for my 34mm butt and it fits fine. It won't ever be as solid as a screw in but my cue is unruined. Custom push-ons can be made if folk want them.

Some will say, but you can't play shots with a mini-butt. I say learn how to use the rest like Jimmy. Mini-butt shots always end up as jabs anyway, folk can get into the white better with a rest if they learn how to use it.

Folk have these cases stuffed with extensions and mini-butts. It's hilarious, people don't think they're proper players without all these toys in their patchwork case. Ronnie gets the ref to have a look under the table, he doesn't own a thing! lol
    Last edited by Master Blaster; 6 March 2015, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
    Push-on's
    Pros - cheap, universal.
    Cons - bit unsteady, prone to cracks.

Screw-in's
    Pros - rock solid, used by me, should last for years.
    Cons - more expensive than a push-on, new cue usually equals new extensions.
    Screw Ins: Ruins a cue. You're adding a nice brass hammer exactly under the hand to deaden all the feedback down the shaft and butt. About as bad as a joint. It also affects balance because the socket weighs an ounce.

I have a screw-in for my Phoenix, the cue came with a socket fitted. I will never ever put a socket in my Powerglide and I can do it easily and cheaply for about £5. How many times do you use a long extension. If it was every shot, I'd recommend the screw in socket but given how many times I use it in a frame, maybe once, it's not worth it if it ruins the other shots.

Does Ronnie use a screw on or does he use a push-on?

Leave a comment:

• David Pleym
    replied
    Hi folks
    I recently had a screw in extension thread fitted to the butt of my 25 year old 3/4 cue. Always played with a push on extenda up until then. Never had any problems fitting the push on into my old barracuda match case. Just pop the cue butt into the extenda when your packing up. Extenda was always fine but I must admit I prefer my new screw in one. Much more solid feel on the shot IMHO.

Cheers

David

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    I still own a push on extenda type but don't use it anymore as my 1pc has a mini and a tele screw in.

In all the years of using the push on I never marked the butt of any of the cues I used it on.
    I never had any problem with using the push on and played well with it.
    But with the screw in mini and tele extension (long) on the 1pc it does feel very solid and again I play well with them.

preference - screw in - solid feel and easier to fit in case.
    wish - to find a slimline metal type that fit my joint - currently have the blue colour plastic type, which fits in the case but could be better and if I could find one with a metallic red collar... :biggrin:
    Nice one if only to correct a lazy assertion,I always associated telescopic's to push on's only,silly me. :-)

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    I still own a push on extenda type but don't use it anymore as my 1pc has a mini and a tele screw in.

In all the years of using the push on I never marked the butt of any of the cues I used it on.
    I never had any problem with using the push on and played well with it.
    But with the screw in mini and tele extension (long) on the 1pc it does feel very solid and again I play well with them.

preference - screw in - solid feel and easier to fit in case.
    wish - to find a slimline metal type that fit my joint - currently have the blue colour plastic type, which fits in the case but could be better and if I could find one with a metallic red collar... :biggrin:
    Last edited by DeanH; 6 March 2015, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jono*
    replied
    Push on ones may not fit cues with a thicker butt.. And cannot be carried in a case. Also less risk of damaging or scratching the cue butt, screw on ones are far superior

Leave a comment:

• fredkite
    replied
    Push-on's
    Pros - cheap, universal.
    Cons - bit unsteady, prone to cracks.

Screw-in's
    Pros - rock solid, used by me, should last for years.
    Cons - more expensive than a push-on, new cue usually equals new extensions.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    started a topic Extensions: push on's versus screw in's

Extensions: push on's versus screw in's

Just like to ask your opinion's of the comparison between the two types of extensions,do you prefer the push on or the screw in type?
    Is your preference the same over a longer length,e.g. if you need to extend to near the entire length of the table do you still prefer the push on or telescopic to the screw in or vice versa ?
    I've never used a push on or telescopic so I'd just like to get your opinion and comparison,cheers.
Working...
X