Talisman M Or S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talisman M Or S

Well Just would like to know whether the Talisman soft tips are much softer than medium?? How long will it take for the soft tip to be the same hardness as medium.
    Does the soft grips the cueball better after having the tip on the cue for a long time??

Thank You

In my experience talisman should be labeled hard , very hard , and granite !!! Too hard for snooker in my opinion

Comment

Agreed, the name "soft " is a complete joke!! Should be called rock

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Agreed, the name "soft " is a complete joke!! Should be called rock
        I don't agree with this at all. I've put many a Talisman on for friends. The M is fine for snooker, the S fine for pool. The M will last a year or so of occasional play. They don't deform and they're pre-shaped so not much filing needed once it's on. Great tip, not as good as Kamui as I keep saying but for a fiver, fabulous. The S will stay an S for a long time, the less hard you hit the ball, the longer it will stay an S. But if you're worried about it hardening because of the strike you apply, then go for the M, it's still got plenty of ability to move the ball (screw/top etc) in the right hands.
        Last edited by Master Blaster; 12 March 2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          I don't agree with this at all. I've put many a Talisman on for friends. The M is fine for snooker, the S fine for pool. The M will last a year or so of occasional play. They don't deform and they're pre-shaped so not much filing needed once it's on. Great tip, not as good as Kamui as I keep saying but for a fiver, fabulous. The S will stay an S for a long time, the less hard you hit the ball, the longer it will stay an S. But if you're worried about it hardening because of the strike you apply, then go for the M, it's still got plenty of ability to move the ball (screw/top etc) in the right hands.
          Thanks for the reply. How do you scuff it when its gone hard?

Thanks

Comment

I wouldn't advise anyone to do that, simply put Masters chalk on it, which holds better than Triangle, the darker the colour, the more grip. If you are worried about the tip being too smooth, you really need to think about an elk, that you can scuff a bit. Laminates are really designed to be shaped and left alone thereafter, unless the flatten or deform. Hope that helps. But you can simply use any tip shaper to rub up the surface if you wish. Loads on ebay, the Craftsmen Cue tip file is really good.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
              I wouldn't advise anyone to do that, simply put Masters chalk on it, which holds better than Triangle, the darker the colour, the more grip. If you are worried about the tip being too smooth, you really need to think about an elk, that you can scuff a bit. Laminates are really designed to be shaped and left alone thereafter, unless the flatten or deform. Hope that helps. But you can simply use any tip shaper to rub up the surface if you wish. Loads on ebay, the Craftsmen Cue tip file is really good.
              Thanks. Not really concerned about the tip being smooth, but about the grip of the tip when it is on the cue for a while.

Comment

Had a talisman soft on my cue for a bit (9 months), swapped it for an adr147 medium.

The ADR is a much better tip imho, been playing with it for the last 6 months and haven't even had to touch it since i fitted it. I use triangle spruce chalk as i don't like the masters chalk.
                Andi Mack

Comment

Working...
                X