Tips on World Champion Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on World Champion Cues

This is a bit of a tough one. Do we know who used what tip to win a World Championship title going back as far as possible? It would be interesting (at least to me) to see a compilation list of the winning tips down the years. I'm interested in finding out which tips keep cropping up. Please don't just say BD or elk as a reply, it's more about tips from each year. I think Hendry used Elks on his Conny for all 7 titles but I could be wrong.

Cheers all.

BD or elk

maybe the odd talisman or something in the later years but 99% have been BD or elk

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
      BD or elk

maybe the odd talisman or something in the later years but 99% have been BD or elk
      not true - the vast majority will have been baldocks.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        not true - the vast majority will have been baldocks.
        Andrew ,, how about blue knight tips!! just wondering, what is the difference between blue knight and Elk ? never seen one !!

Comment

Well,, no rplay from Andrew !!!!!
          I spoke yesterday someone ,, he told me They're grat players !!! much better than Elk master !! probably a Off The topic question ,, but has anyone experience with these tips? ( blue knight ). In that case, a rplay would be appreciated !!

Comment

I was under the impression that Ronnie and Judd both used Elks. Not sure about Robbo, Ding and Selby.

Comment

the Baldock tips comment is for the dark distant past winners
              not sure but I think Baldocks closed in the 80s
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

[QUOTE=DeanH;831974]the Baldock tips comment is for the dark distant past winners
                not sure but I think Baldocks closed in the 80s[/QUOTE

Cheers Deano, nice to hear your eminent input! What have the winners in recent times been using mate?

Comment

2006 Dott used Elkmaster but now changed to Kamui I think.

Comment

Ding uses a blue diamond plus and Andy is right about Dott.

Ebdon used a dustbin lid.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      Ding uses a blue diamond plus and Andy is right about Dott.

Ebdon used a dustbin lid.
                      ding has a titan. - sorry i didn't reply earlier - busy week missed the thread!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                        Well,, no rplay from Andrew !!!!!
                        I spoke yesterday someone ,, he told me They're grat players !!! much better than Elk master !! probably a Off The topic question ,, but has anyone experience with these tips? ( blue knight ). In that case, a rplay would be appreciated !!
                        they are very soft - one good screw shot is a new tip!

Comment

Selby uses kamui, i believe John Higgins last world title was won with a talisman WB tip, Ronnie has won a world with a talisman pro but the last 2 were with Elks. Robertson uses elks, in his prime Steve Davis used blue diamond.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            they are very soft - one good screw shot is a new tip!
                            okey thanks !!
                            btw, tried them both today (titan and blue knight). Agree,, blue knight is soft ( nice grp on CB ). But To be honest I was very impressed by titan tips.
                            they are harder but realy nice grip on CB!!
                            ADR soft remains my first choice !! but for players who prefer to play with press tips, titan is a good choice!! imo !!

Comment

What do Trump and Smurf use, what did Hendry use?

Interesting that Robbo uses an elk, the man with the powerful rifle. Ding, the great break-builder is on a Titan, another single layer tip. And the greatest cueman is on an elk, Ronnie.

Comment

Working...
                              X