• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Bet the French are glad to see the back of him
    not too far off the truth!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Received today thanks, will report after trying it out.

Comment

Received my ADR super soft today.

I 've got a spare ADR soft and medium here and it definitely feels softer than either of them.

I've fitted it to my pool cue and it's much easier / quicker to shape than the soft i fitted for a friend last week. I've left it almost full height for now and will try it out tonight and report back.

Thanks to Dave for organising this for Andrew and thanks to Andrew for having them made and giving us the chance to try them out.
        Andi Mack

Comment

Just recieved my SS adr147 tip as well, I am hoping my new cue will be here today as well.
          Thanks for giving me the opportunity to test this tip, first impression is its nice, and does feel soft.
          I will give my full review once i have fitted it and played with it for about 8hours (next week sometime).

Comment

Thanks Andrew I have just received my SS tip thro' the post. Will give it a bash and send in a detailed report probably next week so as to give it a fair time to bed in etc.

Comment

My tip come today! woooo

Should I leave full height or cut down then fit?
              #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                My tip come today! woooo

Should I leave full height or cut down then fit?
                Id leave it full height, fit and shape, you can always take it down a bit once its on

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                  Id leave it full height, fit and shape, you can always take it down a bit once its on
                  +1 on this, i've left mine pretty much full height.

If i find it too soft / tall, i can always take it down.
                  Andi Mack

Comment

Are you guys sanding the bottom "Glue" text before sticking it on or leaving it. Also my new Mastercraft cue just arrived! SOOOO excited.

Comment

Ive always sanded the glue side with 120 grit.Never had any issues with ADR 147 tips.They are the best tip on the market and I have used the soft ,medium and hard.I am looking forward to trying the new super soft tonight.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, I always normally sand and score the bottom of my tips before glueing them, first time using a laminated tip!
                        I myself will also be testing tonight and probly a few good hours saturday/sunday.

Comment

Very good choice for your first laminated tip. If you are not keen on the supersoft,try a soft or medium.I have tried Talismans,Phoenix and a few others but they dont compare to ADR 147s. Better feel,sound and keep their shape. I have also tried the majority of the most recommended pressed tips on the market (Elks,Blue Diamond plus,Wooldridge etc) and would never use a pressed tip again. People may disagree but its how feel.

Comment

Yes I have also used alot of pressed tips, recently i have been using the pool baron tips, best pressed tip imo. only thing is they get start to get hard as they get very low and start to glass over. but other than that they are really nice to use. They hold chalk well, they grip the ball very well and feel and sound really nice. everyone has there own option. but i am really looking forward to tryin this tip out. I also just posted my new cue of the Cue forms. so happy with it.

Comment

they are too soft for me but i guess that is the point!
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                                they are too soft for me but i guess that is the point!
                                I've been using your soft tips on both my pool & snooker cues for a while now and tbh i think the soft is pretty much perfect for snooker, but is a touch harder than i'd like for pool.

I saw you talking about the possibility of a Super Soft and when i saw this thread, i jumped at the chance to give one a try. It's hopefully going to be the perfect pool tip and i can't wait to see how it performs.
                                Andi Mack

Comment

Working...
                                X