Testers required for the new super soft ADR147 professional cue tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    why do you get more feel out of a softer tip?
    The cue ball makes a longer contact with the softer tip.

Comment

I tried mine last night! shapes easy, i always bed it in with a spare ball! knocking the top of the tip. when bedding in it lost shape but when re-sanded and knocked in again it kept shape and was ready to play. Holds chalk well, nice feel,solid hit. In my opinion perfect for snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Andrew:

Did you send me any tips?
        yes mate sent same day - just further away!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi there. Will be trying my ADR147 out tomorrow. The tables I'm on are second to none, so if they're reactive it'll show instantly. I've just whipped off a perfectly good Medium black Kamui for this but from what I've been reading I'm quietly confident that these will be worth it!
          Will post an update afterwards!

Cheers for this.
          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
          https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
            Hi there. Will be trying my ADR147 out tomorrow. The tables I'm on are second to none, so if they're reactive it'll show instantly. I've just whipped off a perfectly good Medium black Kamui for this but from what I've been reading I'm quietly confident that these will be worth it!
            Will post an update afterwards!

Cheers for this.
            it will be softer!

Comment

I'm game. With pm you later.
              Well I took my 'medium' black kamui off to try this ADR147 SS! To my absolute horror...it's like a pebble! I lose so much action on the cueball its playing like a dead elk! I'm very confused about this 'Super Soft'. As its the exact opposite!
              On the plus side...it has made me realise that I really do need a Soft tip. Probably the Black Kam as its showing me just exactly which direction I should take. The Medium Kamiu is soft, but not as soft as I'd like. Part of the reason I tried this ADR in the first place.
              Thankyou for sending it to me as it's helped enormously. Just not in this case unfortunately.
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

it's like a pebble! I lose so much action on the cueball its playing like a dead elk! I'm very confused about this 'Super Soft'. As its the exact opposite!
                Wow this is disappointing to hear, I have been playing for over 8 hours with my tip and it’s definitely nothing like a dead Elk, might have been a bad tip? Have you been using a sponge tip lol?
                My experience was it’s the softest tip I have ever used, everyone has their own opinion I guess.
                I will not be taking mine off my cue that’s for sure.

Comment

Well I took my 'medium' black kamui off to try this ADR147 SS! To my absolute horror...it's like a pebble! I lose so much action on the cueball its playing like a dead elk! I'm very confused about this 'Super Soft'. As its the exact opposite!
                  On the plus side...it has made me realise that I really do need a Soft tip. Probably the Black Kam as its showing me just exactly which direction I should take. The Medium Kamiu is soft, but not as soft as I'd like. Part of the reason I tried this ADR in the first place.
                  Thankyou for sending it to me as it's helped enormously. Just not in this case unfortunately.
                  this i am afraid must be in your head - there is no question this soft is a lot softer than a medium kamui.

Comment

Pm me your address and I will send it back to you. Funnily enough I fitted this at the same time my mate wanted a kamui MH putting on his, so I did them at the same time. Your tip is like a bullet and the kamui seems alot softer! Before you say it...i didn't mix them up lol!
                    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Pm me your address and I will send it back to you. Funnily enough I fitted this at the same time my mate wanted a kamui MH putting on his, so I did them at the same time. Your tip is like a bullet and the kamui seems alot softer! Before you say it...i didn't mix them up lol!
                      This is new to me!! I don't know about adr ss tips (never tried them ). but I've been playing a few months with adr soft tips and I can tell for sure: they are softer than kamui and they play much better! more CB response and less deflection!! (and I've tried them all, kamui,, Phoenix,........ ).

Comment

Put mine on last nite,and have played around 10 frames with it...to my opinion its very soft...maybe too soft to me,as I have used previously talisman and more recently adr medium...which I defo prefer,and feel is the best tip around.
                        H.b.142

Comment

Testers required for the new super soft ADR147 professional cue tip

maybe it is the Kamui medium that is the duff one

not had a chance yet to stick the SS on
                          but will soon
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I'm game. With pm you later.
                            Although i haven't played with the SS yet just from how easy it was to trim i can tell its soft, i play with the ADR medium and they are softer than the kamui medium so im quite surprised by your experience

Comment

Fitted the tip yesterday afternoon, very easy to trim to size and shape. Left it pretty much full height just in case it flattened out when playing, but it didn't, it kept its shape beautifully.
                              Had the best part of 2 hours constant practice, playing all range of shots with all strengths of cueing too.
                              To be honest, the feel is superb. The grip on the cue ball is probably the best I have ever played with, and over the last 35 years I have pretty much tried them all from Elks and Blue Diamonds when they were good 'back in the day', to the more modern Wooldridge Supertip, Kamui, Talisman etc etc.
                              Was never a fan of laminated tips in the past, but I believe Andrew has got it pretty much 'spot on' with these. Yes it is soft, as it should be, not like Talisman which to me still feels rock hard. I have tried the Medium when he first brought them out and it was a quality tip but still just a little hard for my preference. If he can guarantee uniformity with his production of these tips, then I would not hesitate in recommending this brand to anyone who likes the feel that a top class soft tip gives you.

Comment

Hi All.

Managed to get approx 4 hours on the snooker table and another hour on the pool table today.

As i had noticed a tiny little bit of flat spot in the centre from the last session with it, i reshaped it before play. Bar the initial shaping and the reshaping it's basically still full height.

After 5 hours there's no sign of any flattening out, and it's performed like a dream.

It's a little bit soft for me for snooker (however i was using my pool cue (9mm ferrule & tip), not my snooker cue (10mm ferrule & tip) so with a larger diameter it might be fine), but for me it's perfect for pool.

I'll definitely be trying to get my hands on a couple more of these tips.
                                Last edited by andi mack; 25 April 2015, 10:22 PM.
                                Andi Mack

Comment

Working...
                                X