No announcement yet.

Testers required for the new super soft ADR147 professional cue tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you shape a laminate tip ? The same way as a pressed tip ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I do it exactly the same, downward strokes with the sandpaper.
      with the Soft tip I originally left it quite tall but after it compacted on one side (I do hold the cue in the same orientation) I did a reshape and reduced the height a bit and it seems to be bedded in now.
      After reading the previous posts I may put the SS on my pool cue and not the snooker cue
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cheers Dean , so not good for snooker then ?

Comment

no not saying that but I had thought of trying the SS on the snooker cue but I am playing so well with the Soft on the snooker cue, that I may try the SS on the pool cue instead

Comment

Ah I see , thanks again Dean .

So not sure what to get now ......S or SS

Comment

well all I can say is the Soft I have had on my snooker cue has settled really nicely for me and I went for the SS as I do like a soft tip.
              the post above about pool cue for the SS made me rethink and I may put the SS on my pool cue

Can I ask the poster with the pool cue with the SS what size ferrule they have?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                well all I can say is the Soft I have had on my snooker cue has settled really nicely for me and I went for the SS as I do like a soft tip.
                the post above about pool cue for the SS made me rethink and I may put the SS on my pool cue

Can I ask the poster with the pool cue with the SS what size ferrule they have?
                My apologies that should have read ferrule not tip. My Pool cue is a 9mm ferrule with the tip trimmed flush, my snooker cue is a 10mm ferrule with the tip trimmed flush.

I played 4 hours of snooker with it on my pool cue today and the tip hasn't deformed at all.

I originally had 2.5hrs on the tip playing pool and to be fair i was knocking the balls around with some pace trying to bed the tip in before a league match and also to see if it would deform / fall apart.

I love the soft on my snooker cue, but i'm going to try and buy another super soft (well 2 actually, i need at least one spare for my pool cue) and try a super soft on my snooker cue as my snooker cue is very different specs to my pool cue.

I'm hoping to get back down the club tomorrow for at least a few hours and might take both my cues with me to really see the difference, as i left my snooker cue at home today.

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                Ah I see , thanks again Dean .

So not sure what to get now ......S or SS
                Get one of each
                Last edited by andi mack; 25 April 2015, 10:23 PM.
                Andi Mack

Comment

Finally got round to sticking mine on!

Get to try it out Sunday afternoon! Yeeeha

Comment

I had a knock with mine today and as said by others it's a bit too soft for me, I didn't get the reaction that I do from the mediums. That being said I'm playing with it at full height so maybe if it has a bit off it it would play with a bit more feel, it feels to me like a lot of pressed tips do so if you like elks these will be up your street. I think the mediums are bang on I don't think any of the other hardness adr tips play as well as those. But if you like soft tips definitely give them a go

Comment

Used mine today and it was excellent. Held the chalk, kept shape and plenty of reaction.

Kept it at full height and just shaped it from that (pic above)

It is soft yes but not overly soft.

Comment

First game for mine today. It's being used for pool, with the tip fitted to an 8mm ferrule.

First impressions, after 20 frames, no miss-cues, no kicks, and no changing of shape of the tip.

Just good consistent hit, and nice and grippy with it.

Just need another one now Andrew, to test on my snooker cue. .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'd like to buy another too, please.

Comment

Hi All,

I've managed to grab another 3 hours on the snooker table today and the tip has been consistent throughout, great feel, no flattening, great reaction on the cue ball.

This brings total use up to about 10.5 hours and i've not had any flattening since i did the initial reshape after bedding it in.

However now i'm just confused. I played 3 frames with my snooker cue with an adr soft on it and was playing well (by my standards), so i decided to play a frame or two with my pool cue with the super soft on it. I ended up playing 3 frames in a row and then switched back to the snooker cue.

Annoyingly I played better using the pool cue, my positioning, screw shots and long pots were all well on form and i ended up getting my highest break ever (115), the other two breaks in the frames with the pool cue were 101 and 96, while the breaks in the frames with my snooker cue were all in the 70's & 80's.

So now i definitely have to try a super soft on my snooker cue and i'm no longer sure if i think the super soft is a touch too soft for me for snooker.

On a positive note, i absolutely white washed my mate 8-0, much to his annoyance .
                            Andi Mack

Comment

a good night then :biggrin:

Comment

yep, only the second time i've managed to white wash him. We normally play best of 9 frames and it generally ends up 5-4 either way.
                                Andi Mack

Comment

Working...
                                X