Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coutts Pressed Tip - Grey

hi guys,

just wanted to give my review of the pressed dave coutts tips, grey in colour.

tip is very firm, much firmer than elk master, it seems sort of compressed in a way, so bedding in time is very minimal.
    reaction is great, i mean really grips the white well and bites. 30% more reaction than standard elks.
    i have used the MW supertip before which also worked well but i found them to just lack a tad bit of reaction.
    the coutts tip seemed to have the right combination between reaction and hardness/softness.

i have played with some layered tips that offered great reaction but just didnt give the right feel. somehow this tip offers both equally well.

i just posted this purely because there wasn't a review on these tips before and thought it might be handy for anyone wanting to buy them.

this is my opinion based on my experience with the tips i have used in the past.

cheers!

I'm glad you like the tips are they the ones with DC on the underside if they are then they are our new Coutts Royal tips

Comment

Coutts Pressed Tip - Grey

I thought your Royal tips were laminated? I think the review is for a pressed tip.
      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

The royal are pressed and the empire are laminated

Comment

According to your website they're laminated.
          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

your right , I'm amending that right now , so to clarify the Royal are pressed tips , thanks for pointing that out fredkite

Comment

No probs I was confused by the original review tbh.
              #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fg147 View Post
                hi guys,

just wanted to give my review of the pressed dave coutts tips, grey in colour.

tip is very firm, much firmer than elk master, it seems sort of compressed in a way, so bedding in time is very minimal.
                reaction is great, i mean really grips the white well and bites. 30% more reaction than standard elks.
                i have used the MW supertip before which also worked well but i found them to just lack a tad bit of reaction.
                the coutts tip seemed to have the right combination between reaction and hardness/softness.

i have played with some layered tips that offered great reaction but just didnt give the right feel. somehow this tip offers both equally well.

i just posted this purely because there wasn't a review on these tips before and thought it might be handy for anyone wanting to buy them.

this is my opinion based on my experience with the tips i have used in the past.

cheers!
                I would be interested to know how is the 30% being measured

Comment

interesting !! never tried DC tips !! Gonna order a few and give it a try !!

Comment

Working...
                  X