What's your favourite tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favourite tip

ADR147 started a poll like this about 8 years ago but with so many new options and laminated tips being more prominent i would really like to see how opinions and preferences have changed in that time.
    Was close between elks and MW supertips for me but would would slightly prefer the supertips as the ones i have had play just as good as a good elk but also held there shape better and took less time to bed in.
    Elkmaster
    24.41%
    Blue Diamond
    4.72%
    Buffalo Diamond Plus
    7.09%
    GBL Pro Granite
    5.51%
    MW Supertip
    11.81%
    MW Blackspin
    6.30%
    Talisman
    3.94%
    Kamui
    11.02%
    ADR147
    17.32%
    Phoenix
    4.72%
    Mastercue
    0.79%
    Other
    2.36%
    Last edited by gmoore23; 26 April 2015, 06:27 PM.

tried a few different ones the past couple of years and always go back to a good elk. they aint stood the test of time for no reason.

Comment

Pro granite because they last for years, so I can forget about the tip and stop using it as an excuse!
      Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Elks for me.

Comment

Back on elk for me. I'm afraid in the end you just can't beat a good elk.
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

adr soft tips !!!

Comment

Elk here too -

Comment

Adr147 medium

Comment

ADR soft or super soft.

Comment

I can only comment from what i have used but both the MW Super and Blackspin Tips are terrific and get my vote equally as the best.
                    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

I liked Medium phoenix and used them for the past couple of years but like many others I reverted back to elks.

Simple reason being, the are easier to fit, cheap, and if you know how to select a good one, they are as good as any tip out there.

With phoenix or other laminated tips, I find them a bit of a pain trimming them, had a few delaminate and generally whilst they are a nice hit, they are probably a bit too hard for snooker. I found my timing and game suffered after a while, so I went back to the elks and got my game back. Lets face it, if they are good enough for Ronnie, Trump, Murphy etc, they are good enough for anyone.

Comment

kamui original MH by far the best tip for me, closely followed by the "ronnie" elk

Comment

You can't beat a good elk, and for a while supertips played like a perfect elk, but they seem to have lost there consistency. For me I want a tip to play the same every time so for that reason I'd have to go with the ADR tips, only the 2nd tip I've kept on until it needed replacing, the first being an original MW supertip. I have tried the new elks with no chalk on, but a bit too soft on a light cue.
                          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Looks like an elkmaster or mw supertip if you like your pressed tips and ADR147 tips seem to be the business if its a laminated tip you prefer with kamui also being quite popular.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              I liked Medium phoenix and used them for the past couple of years but like many others I reverted back to elks.

Simple reason being, the are easier to fit, cheap, and if you know how to select a good one, they are as good as any tip out there..
                              HOW do you select a good 1????
                              I know people have different ways, but how do you tell??

Comment

Working...
                              X