No announcement yet.

Best balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently bought a set of 1Gs - pretty much impossible to tell the differnce between 'em and TCs

Go and buy a set of new TCs - why risk buying something you're not 100% sure of in the first place?
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

1G balls are generally identifiable from the color of the blue ball . it's lighter. (Light blue) compared to TC balls ( if I'm Not wrong about this ).
      you must be careful because sometimes they swap only the blue ball an u get the fake set thinking it's 1G set !!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        What makes you think the balls are pro 1G ?? i have seen these balls and case for sale on facebook and they are next to the normal box ??
        Thnks 4 ur photo, I believe it's the same set that the seller is trying to pass it off as Pro 1G balls!! That's why having this forum helps, will now go for an Aramith TC 3G balls.........Thnks again mate!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          1G balls are generally identifiable from the color of the blue ball . it's lighter. (Light blue) compared to TC balls ( if I'm Not wrong about this ).
          you must be careful because sometimes they swap only the blue ball an u get the fake set thinking it's 1G set !!
          Not so Ramon, my set of Aramith Super Crystalates has a lighter coloured blue ball; I weighed them and they are all within 1.5 grammes of each other, pretty good value for £50, got a bargain there.
          They are not made from super crystalate BTW, just branded as such, phenolic resin just like all Aramith balls.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
            Not so Ramon, my set of Aramith Super Crystalates has a lighter coloured blue ball; I weighed them and they are all within 1.5 grammes of each other, pretty good value for £50, got a bargain there.
            They are not made from super crystalate BTW, just branded as such, phenolic resin just like all Aramith balls.
            What's their average weight? Are they near 141gms?
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
              Thanks for the info Vmax .
              To be honest , I had a set of them (I sold it). That's what they told me an I saw sum diff in colr !!
              Anyway, Looks like I was wrong ( sorry about that ).

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                I'll take my scales down the club and find out Tel.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                  Mine vary between 140.5 and 142, they used to be Aramith's top of the range balls before the 1g's were introduced, priced at around £150. I got mine private sale on ebay for only £50, brand new.
                  I wouldn't bank on other sets being of the same weight tolerance, maybe I was lucky with my set or maybe they are all of that tolerance, hence the price, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                  X