X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peradon Supafile Cue Tip Shaper

http://www.peradon.co.uk/tips,-tippi...-(2219-c).aspx

How the hell do you use this thing?

I've been holding the cue vertical with the butt on the floor and sanding the edges of the tip with downward motions, but have failed to obtain a good shape. Are you supposed to actually stick the cue in the hole, then rotate it? I'm scared of trying that for fear of ruining the shaft.

DONT !!

just buy decent sandpaper and learn to shape it using a curved action

Comment

Originally Posted by Rubberduck View Post
      http://www.peradon.co.uk/tips,-tippi...-(2219-c).aspx

How the hell do you use this thing?

I've been holding the cue vertical with the butt on the floor and sanding the edges of the tip with downward motions, but have failed to obtain a good shape. Are you supposed to actually stick the cue in the hole, then rotate it? I'm scared of trying that for fear of ruining the shaft.
      As suggested get yourself some decent abrasive paper I use the black stuff more of a wet and dry type the brown always appears a bit harsh if you watch Mike Wooldridge video on replacing a tip he tells you the best to use, The Gizmo you have (With due respect is B***** useless even if you use it right the sandpaper inside the cavity will wear out and shred after just a short time (Been there done it got the tee shirt.) YES IF YOU DONT MASK THE SHAFT WITH TAPE YOU WILL MARK THE SHAFT. 180 / 240 grit paper make a sort arc shape with the paper in the palm of your hand and sand downwards. Always mask the cue with masking tape as on slip can mark the cue.
      Last edited by denja; 16 May 2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Cheers for the masking tape tip, wouldn't have thought of that! Although, now that I AM thinking about it...Won't there be an issue with the glue residue making the shaft sticky after the tape is removed?

Comment

Originally Posted by Rubberduck View Post
          Cheers for the masking tape tip, wouldn't have thought of that! Although, now that I AM thinking about it...Won't there be an issue with the glue residue making the shaft sticky after the tape is removed?
          If you are talking about the glue you use to fix tip just be extra careful that you dont use too much so that it squeezes over the side regarding the adhesive left by masking tape just take a SLIGHTLY DAMP cloth and clean off then buff cue with dry one you can get masking tape that leaves NO sticky residue. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
            Hope this helps
            It does, thanks a ton Now let's see if I can manage to get the job done without ruining my brand new cue, never been one for handiwork.

Comment

I use these, they're great. A bit more open than the Peradon plastic think, these are metal and very solid in the hand and they last forever.

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...-File-713.html

Comment

Working...
              X