Bringing back the white of a aramith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing back the white of a aramith

I am intending to buy a 2nd hand set of aramith tournment balls. But the color looks yellow. Is there any way to bring back the white? Does the aramith ball cleaner do the trick?

A link to the item.

https://carousell.com/p/11009099

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
    I am intending to buy a 2nd hand set of aramith tournment balls. But the color looks yellow. Is there any way to bring back the white? Does the aramith ball cleaner do the trick?

A link to the item.

https://carousell.com/p/11009099

From what i heard, the cue balls of the tournament balls are made slightly milky in colour for TV purposes.

This is so when we see the tournaments on TV, they appear white in colour.

Even the new cue balls are slightly milky in colour.

Comment

Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
      From what i heard, the cue balls of the tournament balls are made slightly milky in colour for TV purposes.

This is so when we see the tournaments on TV, they appear white in colour.

Even the new cue balls are slightly milky in colour.
      I was playing with a brand new Aramith 'Tournament Champion' Snooker Balls in Aluminium Case a week ago and notice the milky light yellow tone on white, big difference when compared with the old club cue balls. Don't think you can bleach any further.

Comment

The polka dot ball (as used in shot-clock snooker) is bright white, really bright. Construction is the same as the 1G cue ball but the colour is different. Both made by Aramith. If you want a bright white ball, this is an option.
        Last edited by Master Blaster; 29 June 2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

No sorry i am not lookingnto make it to very white.

But if u see the pic, the balls are very discolored. The white balls seems almost the same as the yellow ball

Comment

I have tried using bleach before but the cue ball still yellowish and worst still , the shiny coating is gone .

The best option is to buy another cue ball to replace. And like others said, all the current aramith cue ball is a bit milky in colour even brand new .

Comment

Originally Posted by jasonyeo View Post
              I have tried using bleach before but the cue ball still yellowish and worst still , the shiny coating is gone .

The best option is to buy another cue ball to replace. And like others said, all the current aramith cue ball is a bit milky in colour even brand new .
              Before I got a complete set I used to carry my own white (fag-smoke yellow I don't smoke) around and play with that because of the shocking condition of some of the club balls. I found that plastic polishing compound would always bring it back to a shiny as new condition and remove the ingrained chalk stains that would inevitably build up. Constantly buying new cue ball seems a little drastic. Certainly I would never use any harsh chemicals like bleach. Probably T-cut would also work and is readily available from your local supermarket.

Comment

I would not say T-Cut is not harsh!
                I believe the discolouration is natural due to the new pigments Saluc use and they have trouble getting good "white" to start with and a colour that stays.
                Someone on TSF once said that putting the white in sunlight brings back the white (i.e. bleaches the yellow ting away) but I don't have any spare white to test this, as opposed to keeping out of sunlight and in the box.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I just use the spotty ball

Comment

Working...
                  X