Spongy tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spongy tip

I bought 5 Elkmaster tips from John Parrots' website. All but one are like a sponge, all been in a vice overnight. I took a little vid of one, one I didn't stick on properly, but I still think it was too soft. The audio kind of matches up with the video as well (contains a swear word)

WTF has happened there.

Comment

thereve been loads of duff elks going around for years, i got a box of 50 like that once and althogh i only payed a tenna for them that was a tenna that went straight in the bin. betterr off having a word with someone like adr

Comment

I agree with j6 here. Those Elk Master (if they're genuine) need to be trashed and order some tips from ADR147. If I use an Elk and can get my thumbnail into it I immediately remove it and put on another tip. Luckily I have some genuine Elk Masters here but I would say in a box of 50 at least 20 of them are spongy and no matter what you do you can't harden them up.

It might be more expensive but try a Pro Granite from Green Baize or order some more Elks from ADR.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I also bought a box of elks from john parrotts website because I wasn't sure if the elks in my local club are genuine. I would hope Parrott's ones would be original????

Comment

Spongy tip

Greenbaize (Gbl) is where i get mine from. Best service and always the real deal. Very trusted seller.

Comment

Never thought of greenbaize I bought a cue from him before. Agree, Great service

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                I bought 5 Elkmaster tips from John Parrots' website. All but one are like a sponge, all been in a vice overnight. I took a little vid of one, one I didn't stick on properly, but I still think it was too soft. The audio kind of matches up with the video as well (contains a swear word)

that is shocking.... I'll never go back to elks after using ADRs super soft tips.

btw.... if you're after a few elks inbox me I have quite a few spare in my tipping kit
                #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Geez that looks like marshmallow. Luckily I ordered a tin of adr 2 weeks ago and won't have to deal with this nonsense.

Comment

There's an ADR tip in the post, thanks for the offer though Bolton. Elkmasters just don't seem worth it, if you have to buy 50 in the hope of finding 20 you can use.

Comment

Wow, thats one hell of a bad tip ........ I thought it was a fruit pastille at first lol

Comment

So bad its actually funny. Looks like a mushroom
                        Have you tried it out yet?

Comment

Originally Posted by Burnpark View Post
                          So bad its actually funny. Looks like a mushroom
                          Have you tried it out yet?
                          Hahaha... +5 for "Have you tried it out yet?"

Comment

It's in the bin.

Comment

Send the video to John Parrot and get a replacement that is out of order ! wonder if they are flood damaged stock or something like it.
                              Last edited by denja; 18 August 2015, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X