Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best one-piece cue case?

Hi everyone,

Just bought a Mike Wooldridge one-piece cue and need a case to do it justice and most importantly protect it!

What do you guys see as the best cue cases on the market for one-piece cues? I'd also not like to spend MASSIVE amounts of money as the cue was very expensive itself as you can imagine

Cheers

Depends on budget...as everything is.

If you can spend 350-450 pounds on a case, Crispian Jones makes amazing cases. Great use of materials and design, but they are very heavy if you go for a double and carry extensions, not to mention expensive. Will make your heartbreak if you drop it on the floor.

275- 350 gets you a Stamford or John Parris Ultimate case which is probably the best you can get. Not too heavy that you find hard to carry but great quality of leather. John Parris has the advantage of little studs at the base to protect the leather and the finish is slightly better. Stamford has more designs though.

175-275 Peradon make a variety of one piece cases that are great value for money. Not as good leather as the others but you get what you pay for and you can add after market corner protectors.

I've had all and personally, I wouldn't spend so much on a case if you are carrying it around. It often hits the floor, gets knocked on the door and easily damaged.

Comment

Originally Posted by djjenkins1994 View Post
      Hi everyone,

Just bought a Mike Wooldridge one-piece cue and need a case to do it justice and most importantly protect it!

What do you guys see as the best cue cases on the market for one-piece cues? I'd also not like to spend MASSIVE amounts of money as the cue was very expensive itself as you can imagine

Cheers
      If the most important thing is protection rather than the finest leather used, go for a good aluminium job.

Cuecraft, halo, or the Halo style ones from stu at greenbaize are up to the job. . .

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
        If the most important thing is protection rather than the finest leather used, go for a good aluminium job.

Cuecraft, halo, or the Halo style ones from stu at greenbaize are up to the job. . .

Or get a ace woodworker with time on his hands in prison or something to knock one up like what you have

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          Or get a ace woodworker with time on his hands in prison or something to knock one up like what you have
          The irony just now being that I own that beautiful 3/4 wooden case, and 7 cues, and all of them are one piece cues !

Comment

Baracuda Match case or a Cue Craft aluminium case - the way to go.

You can spend £200+ on a fancy dan leather case but for robustness get yourself a metal case IMHO
            #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
              Baracuda Match case or a Cue Craft aluminium case - the way to go.

You can spend £200+ on a fancy dan leather case but for robustness get yourself a metal case IMHO
              I agree with this. I don't understand why people buy fancy leather cases, then screw metal on to them to stop them looking shabby. You can buy a one piece aluminium (to a degree) case for £35 - or roughly the cost of those leather case corner protectors..... It will be adequate, and not give anyone a special reason to try to steal your cue. Why would you need anything more?

Comment

Thanks very much everyone for your responses! Seems like the logical thing to do is get an aluminium case from CueCraft and wait patiently for my new delivery!

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                  I agree with this. I don't understand why people buy fancy leather cases, then screw metal on to them to stop them looking shabby.
                  Same reason people buy a Wooldridge tiger cue instead of a legend.

Because they want something beautiful in their eyes. Because they can. Because life would be so boring if we all just bought cuecraft cases for our cues. .

It's all about choice. vive la difference, and all that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by djjenkins1994 View Post
                    Thanks very much everyone for your responses! Seems like the logical thing to do is get an aluminium case from CueCraft and wait patiently for my new delivery!
                    ADR147 on The Forum could probably sort you out a nice CueCraft case.
                    PS you'll need 10 posts to PM him but I think his e-mail is on the site.
                    PPS. I've got a Halo. Very nice but no chalk compartment.
                    Last edited by Bigmeek; 18 November 2015, 08:25 AM.

Comment

My missis said to me the other day that I'm one of the biggest hypocrites going, she said I moan on here about people buying expensive cues and cases when sitting there with nearly a grands worth a clothes on.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                        My missis said to me the other day that I'm one of the biggest hypocrites going, she said I moan on here about people buying expensive cues and cases when sitting there with nearly a grands worth a clothes on.
                        Yes indeed, but fear not, because I think almost everyone has some degree of hypocrisy in their life.

You'd be stopping and analysing everything you do if you were to try and make it otherwise. .

Comment

Go on bill post a picture of yer case.#

I agree in the main about barracuda cases and halo cases being the best option though - I don't know why you would want to buy a dear leather case they get scuffed up and you are always worried about them fitting protectors or whatever. Main thing is to protect the thing inside.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            Go on bill post a picture of yer case.#

I agree in the main about barracuda cases and halo cases being the best option though - I don't know why you would want to buy a dear leather case they get scuffed up and you are always worried about them fitting protectors or whatever. Main thing is to protect the thing inside.
                            I would get in contact with the Snooker Warrior, by far one of the best cases for the money. Custom designed to fit your cue plus extensions and all the extras. Here is the one he built me.

" Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                            " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                            http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Yeah nice that les - but I'm in and out that many places there is no way I could keep it looking that nice - I need/prefer something metal - less worries .

Comment

Working...
                              X