MW Black Composite Ferrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW Black Composite Ferrule

Anyone has experience on this black composite ferrule?

Does it really reduce deflection and is it brittle?

Comments please.

Everything you need to know is here dude.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ight=blackspin
    :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
      Everything you need to know is here dude.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ight=blackspin
      Thanks for the link.

I wasn't referring to backspin.

I was referring to his composite ferrule that is selling for 10.99 a pop on his website.

Comment

I know what you are talking about...

What Mike says ..... "Looks the same as a normal brass ferrule except it is black composite material."

I think this products is too new to have comments.

Comment

Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
          Thanks for the link.

I wasn't referring to backspin.

I was referring to his composite ferrule that is selling for 10.99 a pop on his website.
          Apologies, I had no idea That he was making another type. Cool beans.

Comment

Apologies, I had no idea That he was making another type. Cool beans.
            Yeah I was looking at these the other day, just trying to convince myself to replace the ferrule with one as the wall thickness is greater so no going back!
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
              Yeah I was looking at these the other day, just trying to convince myself to replace the ferrule with one as the wall thickness is greater so no going back!
              Looks interesting, not sure about this trim to fit though, can see lots of 50p shaped ferrules....

Comment

Looks interesting, not sure about this trim to fit though, can see lots of 50p shaped ferrules....
                Just doesn't feel right without a lathe etc.

Have no problems fitting a ferrule but got to look right (and round!!).
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  Do write a review if you decide to put one on.

Comment

I did buy that and put on my MW Legend cue, the reason is the last time when im ordered my MW cue from mike its original length was 58" and i could not played well at all with that cue.. later after a year, i got **** off with the cue after loosing a simple match with low ranked player then later im decide to cut the cue to 56".. but im surprise those original MW Black spinn ferrule not just a normal ferrule it has core drilled into the shaft and fitted with 5mm carbon rod along 1ft inside the shaft(ill guess) how ever i did not remove it (5mm carbon rod), i cut it out with a mini hand saw.. then installed it with brass ferrule to replace it but how ever my shaft wood shoulder profile keep collapsing after hard stun shot during game..(expensive lesson)
                    later after im asking advice from experience people in the club they suggest me to purchase that black composite ferrule, as it work more like soft absorbent material, this is the main reason then im decide to purchase that Black composite ferrule from his website and reinstalled it manually using file and knive (you have to be really patient and carefully with this job if you do not have lathe at home) im also do some alterations on its taper manually to bring my cue flex which im prefer on my opinions, since then the cue work superb, nice touch around pack, and best part i enjoyed the "english job" with that cue.

btw, i ruined my MW original cue finish, how ever with 1000 grit sand paper over and over then a little wood balsam to nourish it, the cue still feel great at hand, oh that black composite easily to shape by hand with 240grid sand paper in case you do not have lathe.. how ever to do that, you need strong knowledge on wood carpentry.. if you not this type of men and have money to spend just buy new cue from mike.. i did this because the last cue i bought from him took me 2 n half year just to do saving money and get the cue im dream, and to resend it for alterations it will cost me huge amount and i feel better for me investing on something else like training product instead of keep focuses on cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Fairuz View Post
                      .............. but im surprise those original MW Black spinn ferrule not just a normal ferrule it has core drilled into the shaft and fitted with 5mm carbon rod along 1ft inside the shaft(ill guess) ........
                      Why were you surprised ? Mike says it's not just a normal ferrule !

Comment

Working...
                      X