No announcement yet.

john parris magnetic chalk holder wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pouches are for marsupials, as an evolved mammal it's magnetic chalk holder for me.

Comment

We could always go American and plonk the chalk on the table. LOL

Comment

i love this one:

Comment

The clipping sound of the chalk on the holder I hear every time you use it really gets to me...

Comment

not as much as the guy on the other table shouting out every time i take a shot

Comment

Used some really nice pouches , but they didn't fit into my cue case .

I've started using the Maximus chalk holder bought from Stu at Green Baize . Comes with it's own allen key and you clamp the chalk to a little holder .

I am aware of the annoying click noise , but i try to limit the amount of noise i make using it . Gently replacing it rather than slamming the 2 magnets together .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                Used some really nice pouches , but they didn't fit into my cue case .

I've started using the Maximus chalk holder bought from Stu at Green Baize . Comes with it's own allen key and you clamp the chalk to a little holder .

I am aware of the annoying click noise , but i try to limit the amount of noise i make using it . Gently replacing it rather than slamming the 2 magnets together .
                I liked the look of them, bit steep though, Martin Chesworth used to fo a pouch that was a bit smaller.
                No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  ...I am aware of the annoying click noise , but i try to limit the amount of noise i make using it . Gently replacing it rather than slamming the 2 magnets together .
                  A small cloth sleeve covering the magnet. Then the chalk in it's holder doesn't 'click' in the same way....though it does reduce the hold, depending on the thickness of cloth (which also affects the noise). I also intend to experiment with a small neodymium magnet glued into the bottom of the chalk, and a (small, thin, plastic coated...) metal plate dropped into the back pocket.

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                    I liked the look of them, bit steep though, Martin Chesworth used to fo a pouch that was a bit smaller.
                    Less than a score.........Tight wad
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

How about one of those key ring types you attach the chalk on an elastic string that you pull and it recoils...

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                        How about one of those key ring types you attach the chalk on an elastic string that you pull and it recoils...
                        The last thing I want is something on elastic aiming at my happy sack!

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                          A small cloth sleeve covering the magnet. Then the chalk in it's holder doesn't 'click' in the same way....though it does reduce the hold, depending on the thickness of cloth (which also affects the noise). I also intend to experiment with a small neodymium magnet glued into the bottom of the chalk, and a (small, thin, plastic coated...) metal plate dropped into the back pocket.
                          Does it not give you a bad back picking your chalk up off the floor all night?

Comment

The magnetic ones that are a leather fob type are ok because théy are silent . But the metal on metal oneś are annoying

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                              The clipping sound of the chalk on the holder I hear every time you use it really gets to me...
                              I'm more to the side of I dont like the pulling feel when you put the chalk back / take it away from the holder.

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                                Does it not give you a bad back picking your chalk up off the floor all night?

May need a bigger magnet. I made one earlier...you're right....it's a light hold.

Comment

Working...
                                X