What do you stick your tip on with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you stick your tip on with?

Just a thought as to what the most popular method is.

I do lots of tips for people and always use super glue (not gel) and never have any problems.

I haven't had any tips come off and I don't put so much on that is soaks all the way up into the middle layers.

I like it because you can play almost immediately, no waiting overnight for confidence.

I'd be interested in what other people use and how long they wait etc.........
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

I use the Super Glue Gel Repositionable, once stuck it is stuck like the non-gel super glue, but just that little times (seconds) to get the tip located nicely, and the gel less likely to splodge all over the place
    the tip can be trimmed and sanded almost immediately, and played with also immediately.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Always used super glue gel, never had a tip fall off.

After say no longer than 20-30 minutes I can get to shaping, trimming it etc

Comment

I use quick drying loctite glue but since getting my new cue have seen Tony Glover and paid him 4 quid to put one on for me.

Never had issues with super glue or doing the tips myself but for 4 quid I let an expert do it.
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
          I use quick drying loctite glue but since getting my new cue have seen Tony Glover and paid him 4 quid to put one on for me.

Never had issues with super glue or doing the tips myself but for 4 quid I let an expert do it.
          £4 and from a top guy like Tony is a bargain.

Comment

Yeah definitely, he always does a tidy job. Tony also replaced my ferrule and tip on my old cue and did a superb job. That was around £15 I believe.

Comment

Yeah definitely, he always does a tidy job. Tony also replaced my ferrule and tip on my old cue and did a superb job. That was around £15 I believe.
              Very fair pricing indeed.

Comment

I wonder what Tony uses?

Comment

It also begs the question what the guys stick their ferrules on with when they're not threaded.....

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    It also begs the question what the guys stick their ferrules on with when they're not threaded.....
                    Certainly does, I wouldn't even attempt putting on a new ferrule. Putting together a table from Ikea is challenging enough for me!

Comment

Super glue gel on pressed tips araldite on laminated tips

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                        Super glue gel on pressed tips araldite on laminated tips
                        Why the araldite on the laminated tips and not the gel?

Comment

Found some laminated tips soak up the gel and there fore don't stick properly I had tips coming of when playing screw shots

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                            Found some laminated tips soak up the gel and there fore don't stick properly I had tips coming of when playing screw shots
                            Did the tips come off whole or delaminate and come off higher up the tip?

Comment

Came off whole mate

Comment

Working...
                              X