Black Kamui 'Soft' Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Kamui 'Soft' Tips

I have been experimenting with various tips for playing snooker for a long time. I liked the Black Kamui tip in the 'Medium' hardness but it is probably just a little too hard for me, especially as the cue that I use is pretty stiff.

I recently talked to Chris Melling and he told me that he uses the Black Kamui 'Soft' tip for playing snooker.

In the UK this tip is available BUT only in the 14mm size even though Kamui also produce it in the 12.5mm size.

Before I go to all the trouble of paying a rather ridiculous £15+ and then spending ages trimming down a huge 14mm tip to 9.5mm I just wondered if anyone else on the Snooker Forum has used a Black Kamui 'Soft' tip for snooker and if so what their opinion was?

Thanks in advance
    Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
    I have been experimenting with various tips for playing snooker for a long time. I liked the Black Kamui tip in the 'Medium' hardness but it is probably just a little too hard for me, especially as the cue that I use is pretty stiff.

I recently talked to Chris Melling and he told me that he uses the Black Kamui 'Soft' tip for playing snooker.

In the UK this tip is available BUT only in the 14mm size even though Kamui also produce it in the 12.5mm size.

Before I go to all the trouble of paying a rather ridiculous £15+ and then spending ages trimming down a huge 14mm tip to 9.5mm I just wondered if anyone else on the Snooker Forum has used a Black Kamui 'Soft' tip for snooker and if so what their opinion was?

Thanks in advance
    Oldgit
    I have tried a soft version in the past. It must have been ( or I hope it was) a fake as after around 3 frames a huge bloody chunk came off it.

However like you I am still curious if they are any good ... so in the future I may try one again - hope to see some feedback on your post.

Comment

Many american pool players use kamui black soft, particularly the British lads. Melling certainly used one when he was playing 9 ball. That may or may not be relevant here.

Anyway, i was under the impression kamui black tips for snooker were sort of mislabeled, with the medium being pretty soft and hard being more like a medium. Maybe he just means the softer of the two tips? Again, that may or may not be relevant here.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        Many american pool players use kamui black soft, particularly the British lads. Melling certainly used one when he was playing 9 ball. That may or may not be relevant here.

Anyway, i was under the impression kamui black tips for snooker were sort of mislabeled, with the medium being pretty soft and hard being more like a medium. Maybe he just means the softer of the two tips? Again, that may or may not be relevant here.
        Chris told me that for Pool he uses a 'Mui' tip and for Snooker a Black Kamui 'Soft'.
        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
          Chris told me that for Pool he uses a 'Mui' tip and for Snooker a Black Kamui 'Soft'.
          Mui are for English pool. 99% sure he was/is using a kamui black soft for American pool.

Comment

Working...
          X