NEED HELP! Regarding a chalk pouch/holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP! Regarding a chalk pouch/holder

I like to chalk my cue between most shots whilst playing snooker and normally like to keep my piece of chalk in my trouser pocket instead of on the table itself. However as you can imagine by the end of a match my pocket is covered in chalk from top the bottom.

I have been told to invest in a chalk pouch but I was wondering which is better?

A pouch that acts as a waistcoat pocket or one of those magnetic chalk pouches.

Please help,

Thanks,

Sam.

I always kept my chalk in my pocket, but after some advice I went for a pouch, it's great, wish I had done it ages ago. I didn't go for the magnetic type as loads of players have them and I can't stand the clicking all the time.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Still leave chalk in the pocket for me. Easy to get to, no clicking sound, no pouch to lose and we have a washing machine.........everyone's a winner.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

yes nothing worst than hearing "click, click, click" from across the room
        personally I have my chalk in the back pocket and have never had "chalky pocket".
        do I recall someone saying that Coutts' chalk pouch was the best "he'd ever had'?
        Peradon do one as well.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          yes nothing worst than hearing "click, click, click" from across the room
          personally I have my chalk in the back pocket and have never had "chalky pocket".
          do I recall someone saying that Coutts' chalk pouch was the best "he'd ever had'?
          Peradon do one as well.
          My wife used to moan about the chalk on my back pocket 30 years ago she doesn't any more, or I don't hear her, no sure which actually........
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

The peradon is the best one I've found, really soft leather, the cheaper ones on eBay are like cardboard!
            Last edited by culraven; 15 May 2016, 05:27 PM.
            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
              The person is the best one I've found, really soft leather, the cheaper ones on eBay are like cardboard!
              "person"? Peradon?
              the photo of the Coutts one on his site, compared to the Peradon on his site as well, look really soft
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                The peradon is the best one I've found, really soft leather, the cheaper ones on eBay are like cardboard!
                Yep I went with the peradon one, can't fault it.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

NEED HELP! Regarding a chalk pouch/holder

got one of those argos kit repair kits a while back don't judge was in a rush ! but you get a leather one and a magnetic and plastic one but never relly bothered with them but the kits like 15 quid so worth a shout to try for urslef

Comment

Nothing wrong with keeping chalk in your back pocket, I've only put one hole in a pair of jeans and they were my Hugo Boss ones...£150 I paid for them. The solution, buy cheaper jeans.

P.S I also can't stand that annoying clicking sound magnetic chalk holders make.
                    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I bought one from Stamford Cues AND Peradon. Preferred the Stamford one. Deffo avoid the magnetic. I do like having my chalk in my jeans back pocket but it does end up wearing a hole in the pocket. Suppose it all depends on how often you play and how often you chalk your cue. For the serious player who plays every day and chalks your cue every shot the affect on your pocket is obvious.

Comment

Agree , the Stamford ones are quality .

The only issue for me with leather pouches , is that as they are quite big they don't fit into my cue case .

So i bought one of the metallic Maximus ones [ £15 from Green Baize] . If you use it correctly , you can eliminate a lot of the click click noise . And it fits into my case .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

lost count of the amount of jeans ive ruined from holes to the back pockets or just above...get a chalk pouch i know i have one on order after all these years lol.

Comment

So in summary:

1. Magnetic holders BAD, make clicking sound and disturb everyone.
                            2. Chalk in pocket BAD, eventually destroys jean pocket.
                            3. Leather pouch GOOD, but doesn't fit in cue case.

I have had pouches from Aurora, Coutts and Ton Param and am using the Coutts one at present. It doesn't fit in my case very well however I just turn it around and hook it on my pocket and put just the chalk in the cue case.

I also like a waistcoat with pockets as we have to wear them over here in some tournaments and that solution works very well but who wants to wear a waistcoat all the time?
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Terry, are there any problems with holes in waistcoat pockets? I wonder if the pros get the pockets reinforced given that they will get an awful lot of use?

Comment

Working...
                              X