Cue Joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt & O'byrne Joint

Joint that I use (same as crispians I believe)

Comment

Thanks again for all the replies, I have certainly set myself a task.

Am still cropping photos so will let the thread run for a while before I stick them on an article as there are a few questions coming out now like butt joints compared to the cue joint.

Some good points coming out.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by lazyjack View Post
        Thanks. I may be wrong but I think the Omin version is smaller, based on reading some older threads on this forum.
        Its difficult to see if its the Omin or not as I have a another chart with Omin and another used for Hunt and Osborne, Robert Osborne, Dave Coutts and Robin Cook........hard to tell.

Comment

Yes the Thai cues use a smaller version of the spirolok, whereas the English makers use a large version

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Yes the Thai cues use a smaller version of the spirolok, whereas the English makers use a large version
            The explanation you've given there jrc is probably hit the nail on the head!

I was trying to differentiate who uses the smaller one and the larger one. I'd sussed that Omin was the smaller of the two joints but who would use it and a copy of it?

In my notes, all the cue makers that use the larger one are all UK cue makers and the Omin is used by various Thai cue makers so that's the better way of explaining it!

Unless you have the two threads in your hand it's difficult to see as there are only a thread or two difference in height so if you weren't careful you could easily end up with the wrong extension!!

Nice pics again mate so thanks for that.

In the background to the thread I am collecting pics, cropping and eventually I will group them and put as many words as I can but the pics and makes are the best guide.

Thanks again everyone.

Comment

I've just got someone else to look at the pics to see if they can identify the difference and they're scratching their head.

To me, the Omins have 5 threads and the UK ones have 7.

Do you agree with that statement?

Comment

How far back do you want to go because when the Quick release crazy started.
                Each maker had they own, that could change every year or so.
                Can find some of ones from friend's if it helps?
                For that one you've always wanted...
                https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread but if anyone has any Aeon Spirolok accessories they want to sell could you please PM me. Many thanks in advance.
                  What are you looking for as I may be able to make them, sure the joints I can buy now would fit.
                  Just changing one in a Dragon cue at the mo.

Comment

s-l300.jpg

Jason Owen used to use these at one time of day

1 Klick joint

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                      I've just got someone else to look at the pics to see if they can identify the difference and they're scratching their head.

Different diameter, it is noticable

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

I'll put a digital vernier on my Aeon joint later and email the specs over to you with a couple of pics. Don't think I can put them up due to being a new member.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                          What are you looking for as I may be able to make them, sure the joints I can buy now would fit.
                          Just changing one in a Dragon cue at the mo.

Was mainly looking for a mini butt and possibly a plug-in telescopic extension to replace my homemade job.

Comment

I'll put a digital vernier on my Aeon joint later and email the specs over to you with a couple of pics. Don't think I can put them up due to being a new member.
                            under 10 posts you cant use the TSF attachments function; but you can use such as site as photobucket and copy/paste the IMG code (not the url) in to a post to display the image

(the TSF attachment function is low function and hard to control :wink

I can measure my friend's TP extension joint later tonight.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Was mainly looking for a mini butt and possibly a plug-in telescopic extension to replace my homemade job.
                              Can't pm yet but should be able to sort both for you.

Comment

Measurements on my Aeon are 5.7mm at the top, 10.8mm at the bottom and 23mm long.

Comment

Working...
                                X