peter ebdon's cue tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peter ebdon's cue tip

Can anyone plz tell me which tips does peter ebdon use bcoz i think he gets tremendous amount of side & screw on the cue ball considering the large size tip{around 11mm} that he uses.
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

I know someone who has practised with Ebdon and asked him this question. He uses an Elkmaster tip.
    'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Hi Sunny/og,

...........and thanks for the update on Peter's cue tip, and must admit I didn't realise that he uses an 11mm tip, or that it is an elkmaster. Quite surprised really as I know the elkmasters are one of the softest tips you can buy, and are good to use for side/screw, but always thought that the smaller the size of the cue tip, [say 8mm - 9.5mm for example], the more spin/screw you can actually generate from the cue ball. And also if you're playing swerve/masse shots too, the smaller tip generally works better, although I should imagine there's more potential for damaging the tip with this shot as you are striking down on the cue ball alot.

Interesting one, and would love to know more about Peter's technique....

Lol......xx
      sigpic

Comment

I'd say that Peter's ability to screw the ball is more down to his technique than his equipment.

Comment

Originally Posted by Blondie
          Hi Sunny/og,

...........and thanks for the update on Peter's cue tip, and must admit I didn't realise that he uses an 11mm tip, or that it is an elkmaster. Quite surprised really as I know the elkmasters are one of the softest tips you can buy, and are good to use for side/screw, but always thought that the smaller the size of the cue tip, [say 8mm - 9.5mm for example], the more spin/screw you can actually generate from the cue ball. And also if you're playing swerve/masse shots too, the smaller tip generally works better, although I should imagine there's more potential for damaging the tip with this shot as you are striking down on the cue ball alot.

Interesting one, and would love to know more about Peter's technique....

Lol......xx
          Hi Blondie,

I think Ebdon plays with an 11mm mushroom shaped tip (9.5-10mm ferrule tho) , and the degree of swerve/masee isn't really related to tip size since carom billiards (the French 3-cushion billiards) is played with larger tip sizes than snooker.

And btw, there are hard versions of the elkmaster tips as well I used to use blue diamond tips (used to keep'em pressed for about 6 weeks b4 using'em to get'em harder), then i tried the hard version of elkmaster which worked nicely for me and i've recently purchased some talisman pro tips and i'll let u know how they play in a few weeks

Sam

Comment

Working...
          X