X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    I think that Ronnie plays with his cue in a certain position in his hands and hence has some concentrated compression of the tip due to constant impact at that point. I play with my cue in one place and notice compression of the tip.
    Doesn't every single person cue in same position every shot ? That is the norm

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Kyren Wilson, any "After" photo?
    I have an after snap now and to me the tip looks a little larger but it's really difficult to tell.

If I had changed it in the interval I would have tried to shape it as close to the one I've just taken off which is what they have probably done (if it was changed that is which I would have thought it must have been after the miss-cues).

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Going back 35 years, when there was only really Elks or BD tips, there was two very good old boys in the social club I played in (regular ton makers) and they had big tips like Fu. I think that was the norm then.

I could never play with a tip that size, I'd gets lots of throw and hit across balls etc. I can only get feel and decent position with about 3mm of tip.

I'd love to understand what difference in technique they had to play well with a tip that size or maybe it's just simply individual feel.
    The more and more I think about it the more I think it's pretty much all personal with feel.

I prefer a tip similar to yours but get a lot of throw but obviously there are more factors than just the tip which is why it's always a good debate!

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    I think that Ronnie plays with his cue in a certain position in his hands and hence has some concentrated compression of the tip due to constant impact at that point. I play with my cue in one place and notice compression of the tip.
    It does lead you to think that doesn't it.

Either that or it's another new tip which sometimes compress a little quick in one area when they start out soft and not played in.

I'd be interested to know the longest he's ever had a tip on for in the last few years, I would guess it's not too long.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Yeah it was very high, it's like when I first cue the sides of an over-sized Elk prior to reducing it and shaping it; I'd be interested to see how spongy it is as it doesn't look too solid to me; way too high for my liking.

Ding Junhui and Noppon Saengkhams tips weren't that small either which was interesting.
    Going back 35 years, when there was only really Elks or BD tips, there was two very good old boys in the social club I played in (regular ton makers) and they had big tips like Fu. I think that was the norm then.

I could never play with a tip that size, I'd gets lots of throw and hit across balls etc. I can only get feel and decent position with about 3mm of tip.

I'd love to understand what difference in technique they had to play well with a tip that size or maybe it's just simply individual feel.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by narl View Post
    'o'Sullivans tip looks incredibly lob sided in that pic.

And Ebdons ferrule is the zenith ferrule made by stamford cues, not the blackspin ferrule.
    Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Yeah it does look lop sided and it's not a bad picture, maybe that's why he changed it after that but then again he does change them pretty often.

Updated the ferrule section thanks as didn't know that!

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I've noticed Fu always seems to play with a high tip, almost like he's playing with a new tip each time. Looks like a blue diamond as well.
    Yeah it was very high, it's like when I first cue the sides of an over-sized Elk prior to reducing it and shaping it; I'd be interested to see how spongy it is as it doesn't look too solid to me; way too high for my liking.

Ding Junhui and Noppon Saengkhams tips weren't that small either which was interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Kyren Wilson, any "After" photo?

and also to state that Ebdon has the Stamford Zenith ferrule, not MW
    Yeah I'm searching for an after photo.

He didn't do too well with the original ferrule and it looked pretty worn. Obviously tip trouble doesn't help when you're playing at that stage so it must have affected him mentally.

Trying to use a new tip mid match is always a bummer so he must be pretty cheesed off!

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Originally Posted by narl View Post
    'o'Sullivans tip looks incredibly lob sided in that pic.

And Ebdons ferrule is the zenith ferrule made by stamford cues, not the blackspin ferrule.
    Yeah it does look lop sided and it's not a bad picture, maybe that's why he changed it after that but then again he does change them pretty often.

Updated the ferrule section thanks as didn't know that!

Leave a comment:

• frazz
    replied
    wen I do tips, on the sides I use p2500 grade that u get from Halfords, it's more or less like using paper it's that fine, it just gets the edges as smooth as possible and gives it a nice shine, if u call that burnished then yes they will all be burnished

Leave a comment:

• Looter
    replied
    I noticed almost all of the tips had burnished sides, I've never thought about keeping my tip burnished, although when I get my tip replaced at the snooker shop the guy always does it. What's the advantages of it and what grade sandpaper is best for this?

Leave a comment:

• frazz
    replied
    Allan taylor does tips, maguire does his own, Anthony mcgill does his own, that's all I really know

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by frazz View Post
    John higgins uses kamui m/h
    Hey Frazz, how many players on tour other than yourself fit their own tips?

Leave a comment:

• frazz
    replied
    John higgins uses kamui m/h

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    I've noticed Fu always seems to play with a high tip, almost like he's playing with a new tip each time. Looks like a blue diamond as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X