Talcum powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talcum powder

The standard lubricant for the left hand, of right handed players, is talcum powder.

I wondered if anybody had ever tried powdered teflon, which has a much lower coefficient of friction.
    王可

Never used talcum powder and probably never will or the stuff you asked about.
    In some places talcum is frowned upon as it is worst than chalk on the cloths.
    Also, surprisingly as it seems but, in some industries talcum is classed as an abrasive
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

American pool players will often use talcum powder.
      Especially those who play on the TV table, Vegas or any other hot climate.
      I have never used powdered Teflon, but have talcum powder in my travel case when playing pool.
      Never had the need for it playing snooker. In general, most snooker clubs can be as cold as the Antarctic so players are rarely sweating...
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

It gets hot here, but the snooker room is air conditioned. I was mainly thinking about it for other players.
        王可

Comment

Silicone is much better. Never needed a glove even with laminated American pool shafts. Used to spray it on the inside of a cloth and wipe the shaft of the cue down with it. Use the same on the contact points of the bridge hand. Just got to keep it well away from your grip hand unless you want to launch your cue across the table or club!

Comment

What brand do you use?
            王可

Comment

Any cheap silicone lubricant spray. Flopast one from screwfix was good last time I used it. Was completely colourless and just left a shiny residue. Just test it 1st to make sure there's no colour to it.

Comment

Sounds simple enough! One problem, here, is getting decent tools. Screwfix have started to deliver to Bulgaria, so I had been thinking of using them.
                王可

Comment

I have been known to use Mr Sheen out of desperation as they had some in the club. I guessed they did as the cushions of all their tables were dangerously slippery! Nearly did a superman impression off the rail leaning along it.

Comment

Thank you for this.

I don't let the maid touch the table. I found some of her furniture polish and polished the cues- almost nothing. They are much better now. Whilst at it I gave the table a polish too, and the curtain pole.

I think I shall have a few frames to celebrate.
                    王可

Comment

"The maid" just conjures up Borat images. It's amazing what stuff works do well for little money.

Comment

You have lost me there.
                        王可

Comment

Just use a glove

Comment

I find washing my hands helps a lot.
                            For that one you've always wanted...
                            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                              I find washing my hands helps a lot.
                              yep, I also, as well as frequently wiping cue down with dry cloth
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X