This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off with it's head???

Noticed my tip is not taking the chalk too well. Is it time to lop off it's head or is there another solution?

Originally Posted by Dredd46 View Post
    Noticed my tip is not taking the chalk too well. Is it time to lop off it's head or is there another solution?
    What brand is it Dredd?
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Have you got the tip spike tool.
      Current playing cue Trevor White
      3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        What brand is it Dredd?
        It's either a Grand or a Crown medium

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
          Have you got the tip spike tool.
          Nope and funnily enough i was just looking at them

Comment

Was going to suggest tip spike tool too, a light sand and a good spiking can breath life into an old tip, but basically your days are numbered.... I've got a couple of old cues I put tips on just to bang them in a bit. A great trick is sticking a few on club cues down your local, then wack them off a few weeks later after the locals have bashed them in for you! 
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Dredd46 View Post
              Nope and funnily enough i was just looking at them
              Yes ADR has smart ones give him a shout
              Current playing cue Trevor White
              3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                Yes ADR has smart ones give him a shout
                just listed some chinese copies of the cue tec bow tie tools - they are ok.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

The Kamui tip tool is good, although I'm sure there are cheaper equivalents. Sandpaper will do in as emergency.

Comment

The Chinese copies actually look to be an improvement, one side appears to be similar to the kamui tool rather than just grit. I use a cheaper version of the kamui tool to knock the chalk off and generally tinker, and use the cuetec tool more for putting new tips on, very abrasive and perfect for doming if you hold it at an angle.
                    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Got my tip tool through today from Andy, and it's a quality bit of kit. The silver side I thought was similar to the kamui scuffer is actually a tapper, so you get 3 tools for the price of one, cleans the tip up nicely without taking too much off. The only down side is the tapper has replaced what would have been the domer on the cuetec original, I suspect because it was more for pool cues anyway. img20171010_192834.jpgimg20171010_192834.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                        Got my tip tool through today from Andy, and it's a quality bit of kit. The silver side I thought was similar to the kamui scuffer is actually a tapper, so you get 3 tools for the price of one, cleans the tip up nicely without taking too much off. The only down side is the tapper has replaced what would have been the domer on the cuetec original, I suspect because it was more for pool cues anyway. [ATTACH]18940[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18940[/ATTACH]
                        well they are good value anyway!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I was surprised at the quality for the price, same weight and size as the cuetec which makes the tapper work really well. Was supposed to be a stocking filler for my Dad but what he never had he won't miss!

Comment

Working...
                          X