Spotted white ball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Do you really think anyone would miss you ?
    You clearly hate snooker I have no idea why you are here except to troll people into arguments
    You're quite good at doing that yourself.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      You're quite good at doing that yourself.
      I'm not in your league mate, you must be the most obnoxious person I have come across on this site. I have no idea what your problem is, you are totally clueless when it comes to snooker. You may know loads about that children's game pool but that's not what this site is about is it.

Comment

I see your New Year's resolution wasn't to be less argumentative
        Snooker is a much more precise game than those small tables with buckets for pockets. If you played snooker maybe you would understand
        Ignoring the MBS stuff, Snooker may be a much more precise game than small tables games,
        but Billiards has adapted to the spotted white ( and yellow of course ), so why not snooker ?

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
          Ignoring the MBS stuff, Snooker may be a much more precise game than small tables games,
          but Billiards has adapted to the spotted white ( and yellow of course ), so why not snooker ?
          Billiard spotted white has one or two spots (can't remember as never played it) people are talking about using the measles white and that's a totally different thing

Comment

Honestly it makes sweet FA difference using a measles or plain white when playing. We have a fair few of the white and yellow measles whites all 1g spec to go with our 1g snooker sets and quite often the measles White gets used for s session. It makes ZERO difference unless you make it an issue in your head. Being someone who plays everything from pyramid to carom to snooker, I do struggle to understand why certain games struggle with change. Snooker does seem to be the dark ages game when progress could be made. A lot of this does seem to stem from a lack of appetite from the players to allow progress to happen.

Comment

Billiard spotted white has one or two spots (can't remember as never played it) people are talking about using the measles white and that's a totally different thing
              Wrong . Billiards balls are spotted the same way a pro cup pool white is ( white AND yellow ).

Last edited by billabong; 7 January 2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Can't honestly see the point.

Comment

Wrong . Billiards balls are spotted the same way a pro cup pool white is ( white AND yellow ).
                  I'm thinking of the old billiard balls, they only had one spot (maybe 2) didn't they ?

Comment

I'm thinking of the old billiard balls, they only had one spot (maybe 2) didn't they ?
                    yeah, when there was 2 x whites ( going back to before snooker, and a yellow ball ) , one had a spot on it.

Comment

yeah, when there was 2 x whites ( going back to before snooker, and a yellow ball ) , one had a spot on it.
                      traditionally, English Billiards, one white had two little spots did it not? to ensure at least one spot was visible at all times

often seen the yellow used instead of the spot white, when only snooker set of balls available

but you can get the yellow (more orange to me sometimes ) and white spotty balls, as per the video above, widely available now.
                      Last edited by DeanH; 7 January 2018, 07:59 PM.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                        Oh boo hoo.

Ban me, even for 5 mins, and I'll not be back.
                        No problem ........see ya
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          traditionally, English Billiards, one white had two little spots did it not? to ensure at least one spot was visible at all times

often seen the yellow used instead of the spot white, when only snooker set of balls available

but you can get the yellow (more orange to me sometimes ) and white spotty balls, as per the video above, widely available now.
                          Yes, sorry, two opposed spots. Just checked on my old crystalate set.

Comment

They must be fairly new, the ones in our club are just a white a red and a yellow with no spots at all, I've an old set with the spot white (black spot on the middle of each side) the regular white and red.

Comment

Working...
                            X