Snooker balls wooden case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker balls wooden case

Not wanting to stump up over 100 quid for two ally cases I'd thought I'd make my own out of 9mm ply so bought a small sheet, cut some pieces to size but despite drilling it split with every small screw I inserted to piece it all togther. So I looked on ebay for wooden boxes and found one close to the size I wanted for only 13 quid, length and width was spot on but depth was a bit more but I thought I could cut it down to size.

When boxes arrived I found the hinges fitted were inside the timber, no screws visible (?) so although I could cut down the main box to the right depth and fit new hinges, the top of the box would have to have the hinges removed at risk of damaging the wood so I bought some two inch foam, wrapped it in some green velour fabric and glued it inside the lid to take up the slack, fitted some handles and a nice catch that can be locked with a long shank small padlock and voila two very nice cases for my two sets of balls (one original SC's and one Aramith SC's) for an outlay of about 20 quid each.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmax4steve/shares/9TkG11
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Looks good
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

very nice. do you have a link for the box you bought on ebay. also, what are the dimensions of the slot thingy that the balls sit in. just asking because i havent got my own set of balls but will get some at some point

Comment

How did you cut the holes that the balls sit in? When you buy a set of TC's its always the "egg box" bit that falls to pieces first.

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
          very nice. do you have a link for the box you bought on ebay. also, what are the dimensions of the slot thingy that the balls sit in. just asking because i havent got my own set of balls but will get some at some point
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unpainted...72.m2749.l2649

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
          How did you cut the holes that the balls sit in? When you buy a set of TC's its always the "egg box" bit that falls to pieces first.
          It is the eggbox thing that comes with the balls. If and when it falls to pieces I'll cut some 40mm holes into a sheet of 6mm ply with a holesaw, cover with cloth and fit inside the box.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Very nice indeed.

Nice joints around the corners

Comment

Looks well chunky and it must weigh a tone :-)
              Always used the £40 ones from amazon, light and sturdy. They even have ones with union jack for you vmax.

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                Looks well chunky and it must weigh a ton :-)
                Always used the £40 ones from amazon, light and sturdy. They even have ones with union jack for you vmax.
                Not heavy at all as it's lightweight pine, so two for for the price of amazon's one, whose warehouse staff are on zero hours contracts and often dip below minmum wage and have no union recognition. If you wish to support a company like this then carry on but I'd rather not, I don't do amazon or sportsdirect for that reason.

Comment

Working...
                X