Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do your tips last vs hours of play you put in

Hi,

I'm constantly chopping and changing my chip. Was just trying to get a general idea of how long each of your cue tips last vs how many hours you roughly play.

I'm playing quite frequently in patches so naturally, my tip will wear down faster.

Just be interested to get some answers. Also, does this differ between press and laminated tips.

i always change my before they are due, mainly coz i always just fancy a change. i always seem to got from pressed to laminated then back to pressed again. The grass is always greener on the otherside lol.

I've got a good tip (grand M) on my pool cue at the moment so i will keep that one on for as long as i can maybe 6 months.

My friend goes through tips super fast, just due to the amount he plays, he can wear and adr M down to nothing in a couple of months!
    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

I've had an elkmaster on my cue for over a year. It's still playing absolutely fine and I won't be changing it until the end of the season (providing there are no accidents)
      It hasn't lost it's shape at all. in terms of amount of play I now play probably ten frames a week and have done this season since around August time.
      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Have a MW supertip on at the moment . Had it on for a far while and loads of life left in it .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

overchalking the tip is my problem for wearing tip down, force of habit
          ive started to chalk a lot more lightly, dont need to force chalk on the tip like your life depends on it.
          big difference in how long the tip lasts

Comment

grand soft lasted 10 months playing roughly 1-4 hours weekly. just replaced and gone back to a pro granite; fully expect this tip to out last me

Comment

Working...
            X