Returning player needing new tip - bit lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning player needing new tip - bit lost

Hiya, I played both snooker and English Pool fairly often, up to about 10 years ago, never the best player, highest break 54, somehow, but usually get below 20 lol

Anyway, I decided to buy a new cue, only a cheap one, and the tip was awful so my local snooker club kindly put a new one on for me for free, so I can't really complain, however it's rock hard and gets shiny really quickly so has next to no grip. So I'm on the hunt for a new one to put on myself, if I can remember how haha

Back when I played, Elkmaster were the go to tips but reading on here their quality seems very hit and miss so could someone recommend a cheap and cheerful tip for me, that's not hard, and I get get quite quickly, so ebay from China is out I'm afraid.

Thanks for any help!

Try the new ADR147 calf skin tip , plays very well .

You can get them on EBay , £4 each .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Try the new ADR147 calf skin tip , plays very well .

You can get them on EBay , £4 each .
      Oh, those from the thread right below this one. I feel a bit silly now lol

Happy to give them a go if they've got your endorsement, certainly.

Thanks

Comment

There’s loads of pressed tips and Laminated ones to choose from .....and I’ve tried most ! A bit like a lot of people on here !

Ones I like are pressed tips and like these , but sticking with the new ADR tip

Century tips
        MW Supertip
        Grand tips

Comment

I've ordered one of the calf skin ones from ADR147.

Assuming I don't destroy the cue putting it on, I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

Masking tape around the ferrule for me , as I don’t want to damage it . Have only just started to re tip my cue as well . Used to do it but then had Robert Osborne do it , plus a couple of visits to Parris . But too Parris is too far and Robert wouldn’t be in a few times when I went .

Still need someone to re finish my cue but no one local , and not wanting to post it any where .

Comment

Masking tape around the ferrule for me , as I don’t want to damage it . Have only just started to re tip my cue as well . Used to do it but then had Robert Osborne do it , plus a couple of visits to Parris . But too Parris is too far and Robert wouldn’t be in a few times when I went .

Still need someone to re finish my cue but no one local , and not wanting to post it any where .
              You take good care of that pretty TW, don't let that girl out of your sight. Love and caress her and treat her real good, if the love ever ends, you send her on to Crafty for an agreed all expenses paid, love island trip to star academy resort TBA. :snooker: lol! :biggrin-new:
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Ha!Ha! .....very good

Comment

Hi Neil,
                  Where are you, if your in London.
                  I can do the cue for you..
                  For that one you've always wanted...
                  https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Kamui MH Original (the brown) Clear Tip. The clear is a prototype still, but im testing it now. Loving it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpjdfsal...thedanielkandi

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                      Hi Neil,
                      Where are you, if your in London.
                      I can do the cue for you..
                      And put a proper Tip on for him :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                        And put a proper Tip on for him :snooker:
                        Not so sure about that
                        For that one you've always wanted...
                        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                          Not so sure about that
                          I'll sell him one for £5 plus postage

The Mei Lin are good for upto 11mm, and I have some really good ones for 14mm: but I don't play much 9 Ball stuff let alone have a cue for the tips. Tbh it's a shame re the size as 1 sort in particular was quite fun, but it is a lot to trim off for a one cue bod with no Trade kit.

Comment

Had this one for a while now and wanted to give my thoughts.

At first it was hard, too hard for me as I prefer a mid to soft tip, but after about an hour of play it settled in nicely. Very nice grip when scuffed (see below) and keeps it's shape too.

My only gripe is, it does need to be scuffed quite often, like every 3 frames are so otherwise I lose grip and even mis-cued a few times on hard follow through shots.

Not exactly a big deal, takes seconds, and even though I am what I call an aggressive chalker, I put far too much on and probably apply too much pressure, I've never had this before.

Is this normal for this tip?

Comment

Sorry, by "one" I meant the ADR147 calf skin tip.

Comment

Working...
                              X