Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Iv'e been using one for years, i must of bought it from somewhere
    Nice! They do sell them on the ‘Bay.

Comment

Originally Posted by WIGHTDIAMOND View Post
      Nice! They do sell them on the ‘Bay.
      Looks like the ones Coutts Cues sell.
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
        Looks like the ones Coutts Cues sell.
        That’s the ones!!

Comment

And if I'm being totally honest, my wife teaches children with special needs. For years she's told me I'm rather high on the autistic spectrum and other friends say it's why we seem to work well together.. They all have a point. This leather works for me because it very pleasingly matches the finish on my Halo case. Just don't tell anyone I told you!

Comment

See, here's where friends and family normally step in and say: "OK, Dunc, stop now, please!" Whilst the wife was wrapping her presents a little thought came into my head and gave me an excuse for a half hour in my workshop! The other day I bought a small magnetic belt clip for my chalk to save it rattling around in my jeans pocket and ruining everything as it used to. Wonder if I could manufacture a matching leather magnetic chalk holder.. ?

In my workshop I found the bottom half of this old, rusty tobacco tin so I cut a strip of steel out of it:

Here's the strip that came out along with the existing holder supplied with the clip for reference:

Right, bend it carefully around a piece of chalk and begin sanding it..

Sanded inside and out and the outside keyed a little to help take the glue..

Now to stick the leather around the outside and trim and burnish the edges.. When inserting the chalk I just put a small spot of glue on each side to made sure it stays in the holder nice and solid but is still easy enough to remove when it needs to be replaced. Also treated the leather with a little leather cream and waterproofing, which is why it looks a little shiny in this pic.

Here's the cheap magnetic belt clip..

Let's see if it works..

Works a treat..

So time for a couple of pose shots of the matching set..

OK, I'll stop now and go shoot some snooker instead.. :snooker:
            Last edited by WIGHTDIAMOND; 22 December 2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

ADR147 BLACK EDITION SUPER SOFT Laminated Tip & Random DIY Tip/Case Protector

thank gawd you covered the metal parts, down our club there is a player (probably many others have experienced the same) that clicks away with their magnetic chalk holder.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

how did it go at that other club today?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  thank gawd you covered the metal parts, down our club there is a player (probably many others have experienced the same) that clicks away with their magnetic chalk holder.
                  You know, that was part of the inspiration! Mine did the same thing the other day and drove me mad. For that reason I wrapped the leather round the bottom, too and now it's silent. The magnet is strong so plenty powerful enough to hold the chalk still.

Comment

how did it go at that other club today?
                    We never made it in the end. Wife asked for help with some Christmas stuff as the in-laws are arriving tomorrow so we became festive helpers. Little Man was also booked in to visit Santa so it all got a tad too hectic to make the club, unfortunately.

Comment

we did the santa grotto at the steam railway last weekend on IOW.
                      the children loved it (despite the torrential rain - soaking wet dad getting the car from the far end of the car park! )

Comment

we did the santa grotto at the steam railway last weekend on IOW.
                        the children loved it (despite the torrential rain - soaking wet dad getting the car from the far end of the car park! )
                        Yeah, they're still running it. Think it was booked up so we got him into Arreton Barns which was just a flying visit. He's 10 now and I'm not sure he totally believes it anymore but goes along with it as he knows it gets him extra presents.

Comment

Managed to get in a few games of pool with my son today, Dean. Man did that feel better!!

Comment

Originally Posted by WIGHTDIAMOND View Post
                            And if I'm being totally honest, my wife teaches children with special needs. For years she's told me I'm rather high on the autistic spectrum and other friends say it's why we seem to work well together.. They all have a point. This leather works for me because it very pleasingly matches the finish on my Halo case. Just don't tell anyone I told you!

Join the club, ADHD too?

Comment

I do, lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                                Join the club, ADHD too?
                                LOL. I'm afraid so, BB. Don't tell anyone but I just made a matching chalk case that carries 6 pieces of chalk from a metal cigarette case I had lying around..

Comment

Working...
                                X