My take on the ADR 147 Pressed Calf Hide Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on the ADR 147 Pressed Calf Hide Tip

So still on my hunt for the tip that ill probably stick with for the next few years, so far my favourite has been a good compressed elk but I can't deal with the inconsistency. I like a good compressed blue diamond too, but again inconsistent. Tried the mw super tips and although others have had good experiences, I found it spongy and totally lost shape after one frame.

Put on the ADR 147 pressed tip today. Feels really hard tbh but playing with it was amazing. Definitely does not feel anywhere near as hard on the cue ball as it may seem when touching it.

Holds chalk pretty well not as great as an elk but good enough.

Got a very good amount of spin with it, but again, not quite as much as the elk. Only had 3 frames with it so maybe that'll change as I get more used to it.

what I really liked was shape did not change one bit after playing 3 frames, intentionally stunning the cb pretty hard.

Also came with some foam burnishing strips which I found a really excellent effort.

Overall, this may be the tip I stick with for the long run. Posted some pics below. Anyone with similar/contrary experiences? Feel free to share. Image-15.png.jpegImage-14.png.jpeg

I like mine a lot. However, I decided to reduce the height again today. Mine is now at about 50% it's original height and a fraction under 9mm. Works well.

Comment

Originally Posted by WIGHTDIAMOND View Post
      I like mine a lot. However, I decided to reduce the height again today. Mine is now at about 50% it's original height and a fraction under 9mm. Works well.
      I'm also going to slowly work the height to around 50% until I find the sweet spot

Comment

Working...
      X