No announcement yet.

Rssian Magic chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use it as well but that has only been for pool at the mo and found the same thing as sanman.
    Can go a frame or two without chalking my cue.
    Was given the first two bits to try but will be getting more for sure.
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
      I have looked at all the reviews on the net. Also independent testing by Dr Dave on youtube (and the link to the testing on the russianmagicchalk page) and in his opinion this chalk outperforms all others. If it works on a pool cue should work equally well on a snooker tip mate. I used it and I was very impressed and I am not easy to impress
      And that is al what matters really sanman... If it works for you; then it works for you and who cares what anyone else thinks right!
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        I've been given a few cubes to try and gave it to a couple of pool players I know and they love it.

I haven't tried it myself for snooker but I guess I ought to and I'll let you know.
        Look forward to reading how you get on with it Shockerz!
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I have looked at all the reviews on the net. Also independent testing by Dr Dave on youtube (and the link to the testing on the russianmagicchalk page) and in his opinion this chalk outperforms all others. If it works on a pool cue should work equally well on a snooker tip mate. I used it and I was very impressed and I am not easy to impress
          Is it as good as a nice Stellenbosch red?
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            I don't drink any alcohol so cant relate lol. However chalk comes only in Baltic blue and Chernobyl green

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              I don't drink any alcohol so cant relate lol. However chalk comes only in Baltic blue and Chernobyl green
              Thanks Sanman, I'll probably try the green then. I've been using light blue TAOM and that leaves a lot of visible flecks on green baize.

Made me realise that TAOM does leave residue it's just hard to see when using the green one.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                Look forward to reading how you get on with it Shockerz!
                I've just got some in stock on the website so will try it when my comps stop over the next few days hopefully or sooner if it doesn't go well!
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  I've just got some in stock on the website so will try it when my comps stop over the next few days hopefully or sooner if it doesn't go well!
                  How do you keep an idiot in suspense? .....ill tell you in a few days! Ahhhggggg! Lol
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Used for a couple of days. My findings are that it goes on well and sticks to tip well it's not a powdery chalk. It leaves the table looking clean after play this may just be due to the colour blending in with the green baize well so it's not seen, but I think it's more because it's not a dusty powdery chalk. It does mark the cue ball and because it's a dark shade of green it is noticeable. It did provide good grip on the cue ball. Still had kicks with this chalk and some of them were really heavy ones, as I said it was marking the cue ball so likely down to this?

My old chalk was light green triangle pro in comparison the Russian magic chalked up much better, the triangle did make a bad mess of the table and also marked the cue ball but it wasn't so noticeable on the cue ball due to the very light shade of green. Amount of kicks appeared similar maybe slightly less. As I said only been using it for a couple of days so this is just initial thoughts would really need to test it for longer to get a more thorough verdict. Also I was just using the Russian chalk as my normal, every shot or two, maybe I was using too much as it's supposed to last a lot longer without miscuing compared to normal chalk.

Maybe just need to bite the bullet and shell out for Taom to see how good it is, or just use standard triangle at 50p per block and accept we managed fine for years with it.

Comment

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                      Used for a couple of days. My findings are that it goes on well and sticks to tip well it's not a powdery chalk. It leaves the table looking clean after play this may just be due to the colour blending in with the green baize well so it's not seen, but I think it's more because it's not a dusty powdery chalk. It does mark the cue ball and because it's a dark shade of green it is noticeable. It did provide good grip on the cue ball. Still had kicks with this chalk and some of them were really heavy ones, as I said it was marking the cue ball so likely down to this?

My old chalk was light green triangle pro in comparison the Russian magic chalked up much better, the triangle did make a bad mess of the table and also marked the cue ball but it wasn't so noticeable on the cue ball due to the very light shade of green. Amount of kicks appeared similar maybe slightly less. As I said only been using it for a couple of days so this is just initial thoughts would really need to test it for longer to get a more thorough verdict. Also I was just using the Russian chalk as my normal, every shot or two, maybe I was using too much as it's supposed to last a lot longer without miscuing compared to normal chalk.

Maybe just need to bite the bullet and shell out for Taom to see how good it is, or just use standard triangle at 50p per block and accept we managed fine for years with it.
                      The feedback on it will be interesting and I've had some from a few sources. I was told by another user who said it built up on the cueball but he was chalking it every shot.

The intention of the chalk was to chalk the tip less; from memory the tests showed the tip would only need chalking every 29 shots so I guess in my world that means just less than normal as it isn't required.

It seems to be a good seller already but not sure if this is people trying it or there are many players waiting for it to be available in this country, could be either and for various reasons; only time will tell.

Comment

Yes maybe the cue ball marking up quite badly and the kicks were simply due to using too much chalk, will have to try to chalk less and trust it but it's hard to get out of a routine you've been in for years especially in match play when the last thing you want is to miscue. If you can get away with chalking every 6 or 10 shots or so it will work out good value.

Comment

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, after I was given a couple of cubes to try out, I started off chalking too often (every shot) and there was a bit of chalk transfer on to the cue ball. I reduced this to maybe every 10 shots or so, and the transfer disappeared, but without any sign of decline of performance. I did test to see when it did eventually miscue that was after 18 shots without chalking. The chalk seems to last but I'm yet to do a direct test against against my normal chalk (triangle spruce) to see if I personally notice any performance benefit other than less chalking (will do that during my practice session today). It grips better than TOAM for sure, but not as well as kamui which creates a big mess. For me the biggest issue is trying not to chalk between every shot, its a standard routine for me

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                            I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, after I was given a couple of cubes to try out, I started off chalking too often (every shot) and there was a bit of chalk transfer on to the cue ball. I reduced this to maybe every 10 shots or so, and the transfer disappeared, but without any sign of decline of performance. I did test to see when it did eventually miscue that was after 18 shots without chalking. The chalk seems to last but I'm yet to do a direct test against against my normal chalk (triangle spruce) to see if I personally notice any performance benefit other than less chalking (will do that during my practice session today). It grips better than TOAM for sure, but not as well as kamui which creates a big mess. For me the biggest issue is trying not to chalk between every shot, its a standard routine for me
                            Hi Adam

You're right mate, the biggest issue for me is trying to chalk less as we are all creatures of habit and trying to break a habit isn't easy!

Comment

I just purchased some Chernobyl Green so I'll give it an extensive test at home when it arrives on my table.
                              Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                                I just purchased some Chernobyl Green so I'll give it an extensive test at home when it arrives on my table.
                                you buy it of wity mate??

Comment

Working...
                                X