No announcement yet.

Ball triangles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only assumption is that your triangle can "Shrink" to remove the bottom gap depending on which ball's you are using. I've seen triangles which only have 2 sides and no bottom bar at all which have their own separate down sides.

As I've mentioned and provided a video of, my Pro racker can be used for both snooker and pool. It has the features requested by the professional's who play and referee snooker but has the "Very tight pack" which is also important for pool. This makes it Universal across all games as you have mentioned regarding snooker and pool. I could add an extra 2" to the bottom gap and it would work with american pool also.

American pool and Chinese 8-Ball either favor the delta 13 (Can be used for snooker although unable to accurately locate the location of the pink spot and English pool) or the magic rack (Designed specifically for the balls of that set game and not universal)

It sounds like you have designed a new triangle which might work differently but I don't believe from what you have mentioned that you are bringing anything new to the table regarding being universal that it can work with any ball group since that has been possible since an american pool triangle has been around.

Comment

The problem that traditional triangles have faced isn't new. Although my approach in providing a solution is. Why should the dimensions of the Pink ball be assumptive? As a result of only the spot being located. Isn't it better to have the pink ball already spotted! Just like the rest of the balls. The black is now the final ball to be placed instead. Seems logical.
      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

I would like to congratulate you on your 'racker' triangle. Just to be clear. I'm not in the business of trying to undermine your creativity whatsoever.
        I am just someone who plays and has discovered something very simplistic. Which I might add requires no tweaks or adjustments. It merely serves its vital requirements fully. It has been quite funny how the pieces just fell into place.
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

As the designer and manufacture of all my own products, its nice to hear such kind words from the community.

Seeing new designs come to the market is something I encourage and love seeing. We have access to the latest manufacturing techniques around and should be able to manufacture products based on them while keeping the prices friendly to the people that matter, the end users.

I've included some images which shows the correct distance between the red and the pink. Using the system of the marker and mirror at the front on the triangle. It guarantee's this distance every time if used correctly.

Most people who play for fun don't care as much about the gap and sometimes have the reds halfway between the pink and black spot but the image shows the distance in which a professional referee would like to achieve. If they used a triangle which didn't correctly leave that gap, they would have to keep adjusting the pack until its in the correct distance.

I've also supplied 2 videos which show how professional referees have to set up the balls. Starting from the cushion, using the cushion to keep that pack straight. Rolling the pack forward over the black spot towards the pink. Stopping just before the pink spot then placing the pink. This is how they are trained and told to place the balls on the table.

Barry Stark is a professional and uses a wooden triangle in his example but still mentions the importance of the gap between the red and pink.

As designers, we have to respect the way the referee's are trained to do the job they have at hand and have to make design's based on this. We are unable to change the order of operations unless the official governing body agree's with these changes.

Comment

Here is the link to the post as it wouldn't attach the image.

https://www.facebook.com/theracker/p...90956847920162

Comment

Working...
            X