1g balls in a regular box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1g balls in a regular box

What would be the price difference between a 1g set in the fancy case or in just a regular box with the sticker?

I don’t believe that I’ve ever seen them for sale in a standard box ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I have seen them in a regular box before. They have a circular sticker on them to state that they are 1G's. No idea of the price though.
      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
        I have seen them in a regular box before. They have a circular sticker on them to state that they are 1G's. No idea of the price though.
        I wonder if that is the boxes they send to world snooker for the tournaments, I usually see the balls in what looks to be the tournament champion box.

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
          I wonder if that is the boxes they send to world snooker for the tournaments, I usually see the balls in what looks to be the tournament champion box.
          yes I think so
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

1g.jpg

It looks like this...
            But I can't find them anywhere (online). I guess it's like bobmikeking says, only for worldsnooker.

I just mailed Aramith about it, I hope to get a fast response
            Last edited by wade; 30 April 2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by wade View Post
              [ATTACH]19223[/ATTACH]

It looks like this...
              But I can't find them anywhere (online). I guess it's like bobmikeking says, only for worldsnooker.
              There's a set like this in the cupboard at my club. No idea where they came from but guessing someone brought them back from a tournament. They used to sell the balls off cheap at the end of tournaments. Not sure if they still do that.

Comment

[ATTACH]19223[/ATTACH]

It looks like this...

I asked them if they sell replacement metal cases , got a quick response .

But when the answer was no …...it was an easy response !
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Wade, can I ask what you're trying to achieve? Is it to save a bit of money or that you've got a case already and don't need another one?
                  The 1g aluminium/plastic case is not great quality so I can understand why someone would't want one.
                  PS I wouldn't get too hung up on having 1g balls. I have a couple of 3G sets which are really close to being 1g.

Comment

I was considering to buy a new set, I now have a 15 year old TC set that is starting to wear.
                    When I heard the 1G could be available without the 'fancy' case, I wondered if they would be less expensive.
                    I'm also skeptical about the 1G-story. In theory, there will be a difference, but I doubt there are players that can feel or notice it, so it may be just a marketing trick. Anyhow, the extra cost is not justified imo.

Comment

Thx Wade. Agree with your comments. Just to add my 1g set became a 3G set after a few years of use. The whiite had lost a bit of weight. Only a small bit but enough to make the set not exactly within the 1g tolerance. I bought a new white from Chesworth Cues in Sheffield and the guy (Martin) was kind enough to pick me one out that got my set back to 1g.

Comment

I am happy with my 3g set. I have not checked them since they were new but only the brown and the pink weighed outside the 1G tolerance. The pink was 140 point something and the brown was 144 point something from what I can remember. I did consider buying a pink and brown to make it a 1G set but when playing I have not noticed a difference so I didn't bother

Comment

Just got the scale out for my old tc set. 19 balls are 140g, 2 balls 139 and 1 ball 138g... so 2g, almost 1g
                          But very worn and discolored, especially the blue, its more greenish now, strange...
                          But makes me think... just buy a regular tc set, check them and replace some balls... voila, 1g set

Comment

Wade, make sure you buy from a trusted seller. Craftsman Cues in Leeds are a good company and last time I looked their prices were pretty good. Wouldn't buy from e-bay just because they were cheapest. Too many fakes.

PS. If you replace the 138.00 with a 139.50 your there lol.
                            Last edited by Nifty50; 30 April 2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]19223[/ATTACH]

It looks like this...

Still no respons from Aramith (Saluc)...

Comment

Working...
                              X