Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Played with the ball a fair bit last few days and not noticed an increase in kicks, the marking is still clearly there, probably something I may need to re-write once a month ish when playing regularly. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• bobmikeking
    replied
    Yes I like the uv idea let us know how you get on. I wonder how long it will last on the ball

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    let us know if the UV mark works or if it causes more kicks!
    :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Had a couple of hours solo today and the new ball plays perfectly. Happy days!

Also had an idea, I've used a permanent ink infrared pen to mark my initials on the ball! You can buy the pen torch combined on eBay
    Last edited by Cue crafty; 21 November 2019, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    Brill. Wonder if it will take you a few frames to get used to a heavier white? Would be funny if you struggled to get the same movement on the white!
    I've got a strong feeling that it literally only happened the other day and i quite possibly havent even played with that smaller white, just bought it home with me..

Oh well, if I was playing golf my costs would be a lot higher in terms of balls and its always nice to buy something new and shiny.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Just received my new cue ball today - weighs 142g so perfect for my set. Chesworth snooker charge 13.95 + 3.50 delivery so he should bloody check the weight!!
    Still making me laugh that he has a "make an offer" button on the page but declines 12.95!! Who is gonna bother asking for 30p off!?!?
    I used this guy in Wales to buy from 12;95 inc delivery https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARAMITH-T...UAAOSwmVBbK819
    Still cant believe some toad swapped my cue ball out! I pretty much only play in my social club, people eh!!
    Brill. Wonder if it will take you a few frames to get used to a heavier white? Would be funny if you struggled to get the same movement on the white!

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Just received my new cue ball today - weighs 142g so perfect for my set. Chesworth snooker charge 13.95 + 3.50 delivery so he should bloody check the weight!!

Still making me laugh that he has a "make an offer" button on the page but declines 12.95!! Who is gonna bother asking for 30p off!?!?

I used this guy in Wales to buy from 12;95 inc delivery https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARAMITH-T...UAAOSwmVBbK819

Still cant believe some toad swapped my cue ball out! I pretty much only play in my social club, people eh!!
    Last edited by Cue crafty; 21 November 2019, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    it is strange, I have asked them in the past but did not get any real information in the reply
    Yes - I believe Chesworth Cues will weigh balls before sending out

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

1g - they would if the 1g balls are 139g or 141g
    3g - they may not if the 3g are balls are 144g
    remember, 1g and 3g balls are the SAME balls, just that Saluc/Aramith spend a little longer weighing them to the finer tolerance and make up the 1g sets.
    Understand. My 1G set are ALL above 141g. In fact most are closer to 142g E.g. 141.83. I was able to get a replacement white from Chesworth Cues which was 142g bang on so maintained the 1g integrity of my set. Just to repeat myself. Can’t understand why Saluc can’t get a bit more consistency in the weights.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARAMITH-S...-/380856417258
    This seller says weight is 140g. Would be ok to fit into most 3G sets but maybe not 1G sets.
    1g - they would if the 1g balls are 139g or 141g
    3g - they may not if the 3g are balls are 144g

remember, 1g and 3g balls are the SAME balls, just that Saluc/Aramith spend a little longer weighing them to the finer tolerance and make up the 1g sets.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARAMITH-S...-/380856417258
    This seller says weight is 140g. Would be ok to fit into most 3G sets but maybe not 1G sets.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by wlorcb View Post

Yeah, you've had someone swap your 2 1/6 cue ball for a 2 inch
    Lolz,was anchor man in the team knockout tonight and had to play with the club "brilliant white" lite white, I went into the frame -90 and my highest break was 15

I need a cuddle and more importantly a new cueball. Hurry mr postman!!

Leave a comment:

• wlorcb
    replied
    Just used my digital caliper to check the size of the cue ball, comes up as 50.09!! all the others are standard 52.5, I thought it looked slightly smaller but also thought it was an optical illusion, i knew these cue balls loose some mass over time but didn't realise that loss was in size?

Even if its not my original ball its still looks and feels like a TC, Im shocked they actually get smaller!! how does that happen and how do they remain perfectly spherical?! Answers on a used Ten pound note please!
    Yeah, you've had someone swap your 2 1/6 cue ball for a 2 inch

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Would love to see the production process at Saluc and an explanation of why the balls end up all different weights E.g. 3 grammes difference between the lightest and the heaviest. I would have thought that in a manufacturing process using machines, and maybe computers, all the balls should be the same weight. Maybe the process is not as automated as I’m thinking. I heard that the liquid phenolic resin is poured into moulds and allowed to harden. After that the moulds are broken open and the balls go through some sort of “smoothing and polishing” process. Maybe that means that each ball is unique. Don’t know.
    Last edited by Nifty50; 21 November 2019, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Would be good if the BBC show "Inside the factory" did an episode at the Saluc factory - then again Greg Wallace is an annoying git so maybe not....
    I would even suffer that if they did

almost as much as ROS at Tweeten

Leave a comment:

Working...
X