• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Yep, I think most of us do.

I think it would be interesting to see how many of each category we still have on here posting e.g. Have made cues, am a cue maker, Qualified coach etc. (sorry for getting off topic but relevant).
    Great idea, be even better if they are happy to contribute more to make them mods for the area of their expertise. More like other forums where you need to have knowledge on your subject, great player, coach, cue maker/doctor, table maintenance, old cues, etc

Apologies, I won't go off topic again.
    Last edited by markz; 27 September 2016, 08:01 PM. Reason: Off topic

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    It saddens me but I understand why they were driven away.
    I can't think that any of the guys were abused, it's a forum where things get debated, not even heated really. The cue makers and coaches were mainly dropping in just to sell things. Be a better place if they were just here to talk about snooker. Can't just blame the odd comment for turning them away. Cue makers left after Thaigate, Nic after plugging his aim frame and cat. I'm sure most members miss their input still but doesn't look like they will be back anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Yep, I think most of us do.

I think it would be interesting to see how many of each category we still have on here posting e.g. Have made cues, am a cue maker, Qualified coach etc. (sorry for getting off topic but relevant).

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Very few coaches, very few cue makers........a little bit sad for a snooker forum as it cuts a big chunk out of potential topics.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    why would they come on and get abused.
    Very few coaches, very few cue makers........a little bit sad for a snooker forum as it cuts a big chunk out of potential topics.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Nic not posted on here since January, another loss to the forum. Coaching section needs a new lease of life. Maybe the new owners could take on a coach as a mod.
    why would they come on and get abused.

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Different rules when you are making a joke about your mate.
    Nic not posted on here since January, another loss to the forum. Coaching section needs a new lease of life. Maybe the new owners could take on a coach as a mod.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    Wow, ya reckon? You got evidence for that claim? Folk have been banned for a lot less. Different rules for mods eh.
    Different rules when you are making a joke about your mate.

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    Wow, ya reckon? You got evidence for that claim? Folk have been banned for a lot less. Different rules for mods eh.
    I remember reading this and with my warped sense of humour I thought it deserved to win post of the year lol

Leave a comment:

• Big Splash!
    replied
    what difference can a chopping block make? the only thing that splits the tips as far as i know is a blunter blade.

by the way anyone who write articals called the role of your soul is a bit suspect in my humble opinion! nick looks to me like you would not leave him alone with your children!!

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=uk
    Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 September 2016, 09:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mikeharris1701
    replied
    only you can answer that if you're game improves with the layered stick to it if it gets worse go back to elk i played with kamui layered tip till recently found masters chalk sticks better tip came off last week though just bought adr147 tip can't wait to try that

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    email me i will send you a copy - adr147@hotmail.com

Leave a comment:

• fbook
    replied
    404 error.
    plz update the link..

Leave a comment:

• Dave Walton
    replied
    Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
    Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    You could put a little masking tape below the ferrule but I usually don't. The wire wool is that fine it won't really damage the finish on the shaft, if it does lighten the colour slightly just put a little oil on the affected area
    Thanks Dave a have a old cue in the locker al try changing tip with a old cue first. Just to be safe
    Sensible man :-)

Leave a comment:

• Removal man stevie
    replied
    Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    You could put a little masking tape below the ferrule but I usually don't. The wire wool is that fine it won't really damage the finish on the shaft, if it does lighten the colour slightly just put a little oil on the affected area
    Thanks Dave a have a old cue in the locker al try changing tip with a old cue first. Just to be safe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X