Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wity
    replied
    There's no need for it honestly and probably not enough room for it either. Most cue butts ae 30mm amd the inner size of the water pipes are 32mm. A wedge of foam in the base and the leather wheel does the job great. I place a cube of chalk on top of the tip and having cut each tube to the right length the rubber cap keeps it all firmly secured.

I bought fifteen 3 meter lengths of the stuff then had a hell of a time finding the right size caps (made fo fishing poles)and bungs (made for tubular chairs). If you can buy just one length or a half of one, sand them down and spray paint them they look great and really are tough.

Look closely at the sizes though theres two 32mm type pipes available over here and the cheaper ones aint even 30mm.

See what you can find over there and if you want a cap and bung or two postage on them aint gonna be much I can check that out.
    Last edited by Wity; 12 May 2008, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheStranger
    replied
    You read my mind, Wity! (I just responded to your thread )

I might actually have a painted waterpipe from a college art project that, I'm not sure it's long enough but I'll reckon I could try with it. And if not, Home Depot is just a mile away as noted

Half of me is thinking that a foam lining inside the pipe would be a great feature, even with the anti-rattle ring...

Leave a comment:

• Wity
    replied
    Better than a rubbish vinyl thing, stronger than an ali case, painted in any colour you want, all in for $25 unpainted $35 painted easily.
    Just buy a length of 32mm water pipe tubing from a homebase type store in the usa say $10, a can of paint $5 some lacquer $5 and i'll send you a top cap and base plug and my unique patent pending anti rattle device for say $15 inc postage.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=11165

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    no its junk.

Leave a comment:

• TheStranger
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    no but try mastercue in thailnd - it would be the same to ship to the usa as to here.
    Just sent them a message asking about their cases, they look nice.

I saw this on Ebay just now:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Cue-Case-One-Pie...2em118Q2el1247

About $20 shipping to the US. Worth it?

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    no but try mastercue in thailnd - it would be the same to ship to the usa as to here.

Leave a comment:

• TheStranger
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    shipping would be nasty - maybe $80-$90

Know of anyone in North America that has one-piece cases available? Shipping probably wouldn't be bad staying on this side of the pond.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    shipping would be nasty - maybe $80-$90

Leave a comment:

• TheStranger
    replied
    Just saw this thread and as NONE of the billiard shops here in this part of California seem to have cases for one-piece cues I do wonder if you have an affordable rate for shipping a one-piece case here (and how long that would take).

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    was I - must check the prices!

Leave a comment:

• LWB
    replied
    I seem to recall you were going to charge me £30, sheer favouritism .

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    e-mail me and i will reply with photos.

Leave a comment:

• drlog147
    replied
    hi adr could you send me some pictures and prices to i have a parris 3/4 cue and need room for a screw in exstension and small butt piece thanks

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    yes email me on id at hotmail.com and i will send some photos. yes would take 2 cues

Leave a comment:

• Alex0paul
    replied
    Do you have a photo or anything and do they hold two cues (or one cue plus extension)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X