Rest Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest Head

This is a nice little novelty, Never seen one before, was watching an old video of Barry Stark in a local final in 2009, he had a problem getting to the cue ball he went of screen and came back with something in his hand put it on the rest and played a normal'ish shot.
    So I had to have one got it yesterday put it in case within half hour it had been used, not by me but the two playing on the table.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peradon-Q...frcectupt=true

Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

yep, have had one of these for many years. It sits nicely in the case, for those odd times you need that little extra height for along the cushion or just over a couple of balls.
    Unfortunately it seems the latest version of cross-head rests we have down the club have slimmer arms that are just too small for the Q-Rite to fit snuggly.
    I have been thinking of fashioning a liner into the base of the Q-Rite.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      yep, have had one of these for many years. It sits nicely in the case, for those odd times you need that little extra height for along the cushion or just over a couple of balls.
      Unfortunately it seems the latest version of cross-head rests we have down the club have slimmer arms that are just too small for the Q-Rite to fit snuggly.
      I have been thinking of fashioning a liner into the base of the Q-Rite.
      Thats spot on Dean, In the description of the one I bought it said might need a liner, but I can't work out how. The rests in the workies all have rubber feet and its a tight fit so OK atm.

If you work out how to put a liner in please let me know.

Comment

I just have a couple of napkins in my bag. If none of the rests are tight, I tear a small square off, and push it into the thingy with the rest. Off the table obviously...particularly when taking it off. Mostly I don't have to.

Comment

Originally Posted by presprout View Post
          I just have a couple of napkins in my bag. If none of the rests are tight, I tear a small square off, and push it into the thingy with the rest. Off the table obviously...particularly when taking it off. Mostly I don't have to.
          Thats not bad presrout, but then you have to get the little bit of napkin out which could be a pain. I've had an idea, a removable sleeve, I have a lathe and some spare bits of aluminium bar I could turn up a sleeve in a few mins But I would need to know the OD of the rest arm which the q rite is loose on, I could make it slightly over length for easy removal.
          Last edited by John Flaf; 28 May 2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Alswo had one for many many years...have rarely used it but when I have it has proved useful.

Comment

I have one, never used it. Same problem as others, it's too big for rest head in my club. We have american pool tables and rack cues at my club. What I do use is called a Moose Head rest. It is a plastic rest head with varying heights with a rubber grommet in a hole through the middle. You can push it onto any rack cue, although it fits best on the wider US cues, and use it as a rest or spider. Very handy.

Comment

I made a moose head rest for my club, very useful tool but as it's plastic it's quite light and needs a firm grip.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                  I have one, never used it. Same problem as others, it's too big for rest head in my club. We have american pool tables and rack cues at my club. What I do use is called a Moose Head rest. It is a plastic rest head with varying heights with a rubber grommet in a hole through the middle. You can push it onto any rack cue, although it fits best on the wider US cues, and use it as a rest or spider. Very handy.
                  As an exsperiment Mark If you could measure the OD of the arms of the rest at the club ( you could use digital calipers ) I could turn one up on my lathe with a bit of Aluminium bar, I've already turned a piece using my q rite thats a nice fit but would need to know what bore to fit the rest.

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post

Thats not bad presrout, but then you have to get the little bit of napkin out which could be a pain. I've had an idea, a removable sleeve, I have a lathe and some spare bits of aluminium bar I could turn up a sleeve in a few mins But I would need to know the OD of the rest arm which the q rite is loose on, I could make it slightly over length for easy removal.
                    Which is fine. If you always have a rest that fits the sleeve well. My disposable system can adapt to any fit...and i don't need to do it that often, or use it that often. I can also get the materials free with every visit to McD's.

Comment

Working...
                    X