Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Extensions do you Really Need?

Looking to buy a new cue soon.

going to get a matching mini butt and 1 telescopic extension.

Most brands seem to do a medium extension or a massive one. Which is the most versatile and which will I get the most use out of?

If I buy all 3 it's quite a bit of £££ and don't think they'd fit in my case anyway!

Thanks

I have a 6" mini butt and a 21-34" telescopic extension. I've never wanted anything other.

Comment

I use one of the light 8" to 11" alluminium mini extensions, and a 23" to 35" (ish). One short for those slightly stretchy shots, and one long for down the length of the table. Similarly never need anything else.

Comment

Perhaps I don't need that mini butt then and it's just a "nice to have" over the short and long extendable extensions.

Do you fit both in your case ok? I've got a Cue Craft aluminium 3/4, seems fairly roomy.

Comment

Yes, I'm using the Cue Craft 3/4 aluminium case as well, it can accommodate a 6" mini-butt and a 2x" - 3x" telescopic extension comfortably.

Comment

I can get a 3/4, the two extensions, a q-rite, a tip shaper, and two cubes of chalk, in every 3/4 case I have, including a cue craft. The cloth I tie to the handle.

Comment

Originally Posted by presprout View Post
              I can get a 3/4, the two extensions, a q-rite, a tip shaper, and two cubes of chalk, in every 3/4 case I have, including a cue craft. The cloth I tie to the handle.
              Case like Mary Poppins!

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by TopGun View Post
                Perhaps I don't need that mini butt then and it's just a "nice to have" over the short and long extendable extensions.

Do you fit both in your case ok? I've got a Cue Craft aluminium 3/4, seems fairly roomy.
                Yes, all fits in my 3/4 CueCraft case. I can't fit my cue towel in there though which is a bugbear. Perhaps I should have gone for a Halo Plus case

Comment

Mini butt and long tele extension will cover the whole table so I never felt the need for the short 11-12" tele... until I got one! Since getting one I've found I use the short 11-12" tele the most.

Comment

Mini Butt and the Shorter of the tele extensions for me
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I use a mini butt and a 21 to 33" telescopic. I did have the small telescopiuc as well but never used it as the other 2 cover all the distances for me.
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Bit late but thanks for the reply's

Comment

Originally Posted by TopGun View Post

Get the mini butt! I use mine quite a bit, it’s surprising really how handy they are. After that just get the longer telescopic extension for when the white is miles down the table. Stu at Green Baize tried to convince me I just needed the smaller telescopic extension to do everything, but I’m glad I didn’t listen! Lol

It’s your choice though at the end of the day! Height I suppose comes into it also? I’m 5’11 so can reach most medium distance shots with just the rest. Once the white gets down closer the pink spot then the extensions have to come out to play!

Comment

I'm six foot two and can reach from baulk to the pink spot with the normal rest and my cue with mini butt attached. Anything further and I use the tables old long rest and cue, after all if it's that much further then it's practically over the pocket. For the life of me I can't use my cue with mini butt attached for normal cueing, it just feels wrong with the balance further forward, and six inches more cue over my thumb wobbles about a bit
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Get the mini butt! I use mine quite a bit, it’s surprising really how handy they are. After that just get the longer telescopic extension for when the white is miles down the table. Stu at Green Baize tried to convince me I just needed the smaller telescopic extension to do everything, but I’m glad I didn’t listen! Lol

It’s your choice though at the end of the day! Height I suppose comes into it also? I’m 5’11 so can reach most medium distance shots with just the rest. Once the white gets down closer the pink spot then the extensions have to come out to play!
                              That’s interesting as I was advised to get the mini extension and the longer one from Stu .
                              As long as they both fit in my case I’m happy .

Comment

Working...
                              X