Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 'that' tip

Hi all,

Just trying to gather some opinions about some tips on the market.

I sometimes play snooker (or at least attempt to) but mainly play pool, and have been using Mike Wooldridge SuperTips for a couple of years now, with relatively good success. I've been looking at a Century G2 and Taom Pro Tip as a replacement, but wanted to hear a few opinions first. I tried a Kamui medium a few years ago when I was just starting to really understand that a tip could make or break your game, but when I got my new cue, it had an Elk on it. Also if there are any other tips on the market that are highly spoken of, then feel free to share, just trying to get as much info before diving in.

​Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

after bouncing around a few tips types, I am now very happy with a Mike W Super Tip that he has now got back to how it was before they went a bit awry for a few years

Will look forward to reading your opinions of others in comparison.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

As we know it's all down to personal preference. I like a firmer tip and prefer laminated tip as they keep their shape better.

Played with a Talisman Trinity Soft for some time which I loved. Now changed to a Monstar Medium which feels almost identical to the Trinity Soft.

A friend of mine is playing a Century G4 which feels similar to the 2 tips mentioned above so may game that when the Monstar runs out of life.

I'm quite lucky in the fact that my game is consistent which every brand of tip I play. (Although they are all of a similar density /feel)
      Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

I'm on a Century G2 at the moment but recent tips I've tried and liked are the Legends 1 and 2, Grand Soft and always liked the Talisman Pro Soft when fitted correctly.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

TS Long BA, can't go wrong and cheap as chips.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I think I'm going to try one of the Century G tips, but which one is most similar to the MW SuperTip? G2 is medium, but would it be better to go to a G3?
            ​​​​​​Thanks

Comment

For me the best tip I have found, since Kamui's original hologram tips are no longer available. It has to be Monstar! I have the green one. Since me and a mate of mine had fitted ours, they haven't lost grip, shape or size. Very very good. Even Mark Allen commented on it. Asking me what tip it was as he couldn't believe how well it holds with slow drag shots. I wonder if he's tried them yet???
              My search is over!:snooker:
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
              https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                For me the best tip I have found, since Kamui's original hologram tips are no longer available. It has to be Monstar! I have the green one. Since me and a mate of mine had fitted ours, they haven't lost grip, shape or size. Very very good. Even Mark Allen commented on it. Asking me what tip it was as he couldn't believe how well it holds with slow drag shots. I wonder if he's tried them yet???
                My search is over!:snooker:
                If it stops my off centre hits with the long drag shots i'd better get one quick!
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

If it stops my off centre hits with the long drag shots i'd better get one quick!
                  Tips are very much a personal taste thing but there are good and bad, as somebody said the ts long ba are actually quality tips as are the grand tips, when you get to a higher price range the Kamaui are pretty good as are the forums own TSF tip and mine are not bad
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

So after much deliberation, I went for the Century G2, but bought a G3 just in case it was too soft. I've actually found that it plays a bit harder than a MW Supertip. Really like it though, and have a busy schedule coming up, so hopefully it proves to be a good decision.

Comment

So many members will scratch their heads over this one but the Elk I've had on my cue for almost 18 months now is still playing superbly. In fact everytime I think about changing the tip I start scoring heavily and put it off!
                      Tried Talisman soft a few years back and had no feel at all so ripped it off and went back to elks. Agree on the shape of laminated tips though, they look lovely and seem to stay that way.
                      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

OK so I had a knock last night with a local league player, I was convinced last night would be the final time i'd play with the tip i've had on my cue for 18 months. First frame I made a century (100 exactly). I just can't change it. 8 frames last night, winning 8-0 and I had 100, 71,68, 52 & 51.
                        The Elk tips do work..... I think to be honest tips aren't as important as we like to believe, it's more about how you're cuing. Before last night I was thinking I wasn't getting as much reaction on the CB but it was effortless last night.

Miss Harriet, how's your search going????
                        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I done a bit of experimenting with my tips in the past couple of months.

I put a G2 initially, and after a week or so, wanted to see what the G1 was like, but that was just too soft for my personal preference. I then tried a Mike Wooldridge Velvet Soft, then one of his Original Medium tips, which was great, but felt something missing compared when I played with the G2, so I went back to them, and now sponsored by them. I've put a G4 on my breaking cue, and that's worked a treat! Very happy with the G2 tips though, and since I've pre compressed this tip, it's been great from the moment I put it on.

Comment

Working...
                          X