Aramith snooker ball weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aramith snooker ball weights

I hope someone can help with this, last year I purchased a set of used snooker balls from an online seller who claimed the balls were Aramith Belgian 1g balls, they came in a slightly water damaged box, but I trusted the seller. I’ve weighed all the balls on a scale at home and the all weigh between 126-127g, remarkably close in weight, but clearly light. Anyone have any idea what I may have bought? And are they good for anything or just get rid?

Most probably you have bought a box of Aramith Premier snooker balls.
    The Premier balls are in the 127-130g range.

The professional balls are the Tournament Champion (or TC) balls which weight in the 139-144g range; usually come in a 3g set (3 grams between the lightest and the heaviest in the set) but the professional set are 1g range.

I hope you did not pay TC prices
    Did the seller say what make of ball there were?
    Did they say the range of balls (Premier/TC)?
    The balls are a 1g set

Here is the official latest website of Saluc Aramith:
    https://www.aramith.com/regular-range-snooker-billiards
    Last edited by DeanH; 22 December 2019, 07:58 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

At 127g this sounds like the cheap sets that most clubs use for average club players, rather than the Tournament Champion sets which are generally about 141-142g. Whilst your set may all be within a 1g tolerance from lightest to heaviest in the set, they are not '1g' balls which refers to the TC sets.
      Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
        At 127g this sounds like the cheap sets that most clubs use for average club players, rather than the Tournament Champion sets which are generally about 141-142g. Whilst your set may all be within a 1g tolerance from lightest to heaviest in the set, they are not '1g' balls which refers to the TC sets.
        Don’t forget the TC sets come in a 3G tolerance as well. Perfectly legal but just not what the Pro’s use at the Main Tour tournaments.

Comment

Yep, sadly it appears that the seller has chosen to use the "1g" reference to suggest They are Tournament champion balls, the best currently on the market. Unfortunately as others have stated, at these weights they can only be Premier balls at best. In a TC 1g set the balls will weigh around 141, 142 grams a piece.

I guess if if he weighed the balls and they were all within a tolerance of 1 gram of each other he wasn't lying, but still very knowingly underhand in my view. :uncomfortableness:
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Molsonmuscle. If you’re a serious player I’m afraid you’ve wasted your money. However they may be of use to the casual player who just knocks balls about once a week with a mate. Cue ball easier to move about on the heavy club cloths. Can probably screw back like Judd Trump lol. Serious players at my club call these types of balls “marbles”.

Comment

Can you tell us who the seller was , so that others can’t be duped . Shame you didn’t find out earlier , as you may have been able to get your money back.
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks so much for all the answers, I’m in Canada, and bought the balls from someone downsizing their home, they were in immaculate shape and I’m not overly upset about the transaction. I paid 150$, which is high for used balls here. I was hopeful of getting a good deal, instead paid a little too much. I’m convinced that Deans answer is probably the correct one, and I am satisfied with them, thanks again all!

Comment

Working...
                X